Am I Crazy?!!

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I know some of yous on refeed dont venture much to the tfr section so thought i'd double post this get your opinions too:

You guys are the first to know this so feel privalidged! I havnt told any of my family or friends yet and dont think i will for a while just to see how i am going to get on ... but i have been thinking about this for a couple of months now and have been umming and ahhing whether to or not but ...

I have decided that next year i AM going to run the plymouth half marathon!! All 13.1 miles of it. My brother has already agreed to train me up in the gym when he is home on his summer leave in August :)

Something i have always fancied doing and now that i have lost weight i think with lots of hard work at the gym i could do it! Not only will i get fit, ill lose more weight preparing myself and i will be raising money for a cause thats close to me.

Going to run for the Alzheimers society and i have 314 days to prepare .... am i mad?!!!!!!!!

Good luck chick and I admire you for doing it. It will definitely help with the weight management too, so added bonus there.

No you're not mad - you're brilliant!!!! Having something like that to focus on and train for is fantastic!
My son & his wife ran the London marathon this year and have inspired many people to train to do it next year including my daughter. It's a fantastic way of getting and keeping fit. Your trainer should be able to help you with carb intake etc (that you were asking about earlier)

Also - if you're training hard - you can eat more ;) :) xx

It's a great idea and a fabulous cause .... just hope you remember why you're doing it (;) - sorry - no offence meant ;)) xxx

Summer thats an excellent goal. Now that you have so much weight lost its a great idea to get the exercise working for you. Also more time spent in training or Gym means less time worrying about food. :D

It's a long way off yet but i am 99% certain that i am going to do it!

Jan - the london marathon - now they are mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

It's a great idea and a fabulous cause .... just hope you remember why you're doing it (;) - sorry - no offence meant ;)) xxx

What do ya mean offence Jan? I doubt i would ever take offence to anything you say! lol

You say that now but I bet you a tenner if/when you do this one you start talking/thinking/planning to do the London Marathon!!! ;) xx

What do ya mean offence Jan? I doubt i would ever take offence to anything you say! lol

Alzheimers Society? Remember why you're doing it??
Thought my warped sense of humour might cause offence :) xx

ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Got it!!!!!! :giggle: No offence taken my lovely!

That bet - oh its on!!! *virtual hand shake* :giggle: i doubt i would ever plan to run 20odd miles ... but saying that i never thought i'd actually make my mind up and plan to run 13 :eek: lol

**shakes back and puts tenner away coz knows it's lost ;)**

hehe im gonna be doing that as well Summergirl!! (if Im still with girlf!) I was at it this year. Motivated me to do the one Im doing in Sept this year so I wanna go back and do that one next year! :) Best of luck... every bit of faith in u.. and hope u clap for me when I catch u up at the finish line! :)

Aw cool - be seeing you there then ollie bob!!!!!! And you'll be clapping me over the line i am sure i will be one of the last! lol

Did ya know after 2 and a half hours after the start of the race they take it all down and open the roads and then you are then a pedestrian and have to walk/run on the pavement? Crazy and embarassing so i will be aiming for 2 hours! :eek:

That's a fabulous goal to have and should absolutely have you maintained, weight-wise...next year the Plymouth half-marathon...the following year the LONDON marathon?????????

:giggle: supa! Jan has already mentioned that - and no way!!!!! lol

Good for you Tanya. If you are half as determined with your training as you were with LT, then you will do it easy peasy!

BEV!!!!!!!!!!! you are back!!! :D

Back