Induction Am I doing it right?

M29910061

Hello, :)

I'm kind of new here. I joined back in November, but was online for a couple of days only.

So I've always struggled with my weight. It's been hard the last five years. I can't seem to lose much and when I do I put it back on.

I'm 26, and I've been diagnosed with disc prolapse. It's ok now. I did plenty of Physio and I do take some meds for it when the pain flares up.

I kind of give it as an excuse now, so not to exercise because I am so embarrassed of my weight. I weigh 88kg and I'm 169cm tall. My bmi is over 30, but everyone, including my GP, tell me: "you're not obese!" I just don't believe them. I feel hideous.

Anywho, I did lipotrim for a while, lost some weight and put it back on. Same drill with all the diets I tried.

I really want to lose it all this time for good. I'm fed up of being unhappy and unconfident. It's not like I don't know what I should eat and how active I should be and how much water to drink. I know all these stuff, I just don't go by them most of the times. :-(

I know I sound like the biggest downer, I promise I am not. I'm just tired because I've been fasting this Ramadan.

So I came on here again yesterday and was reading about the Atkins diet. I think I started doing today. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I broke my fast at 9:30ish with plenty of water. Then had 400g of roast chicken and 300g of salad? The salad being celery, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, 30g cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg, 5 Spanish olives stuffed with garlic, green peppers, some fresh mints and no dressing. It was tasty and I didn't feel like my stomach is going to explode (I did feel that way the last couple of days) I had some choco tea afterwards, (yogi Aztec gold)?

So basically my calorie intake was near 900 and my carbohydrate intake is like 10? According to myfitness pal app ;-)

My GP put me on xenical recently. It's helping. Because I lost 2 kilos in a month. But I want to lose more. I know it seems healthy losing 2 kilos in a month, but I just want to lose a bit more. To see some difference. To motivate myself to keep going.

Is it ok to take that with the Atkins diet? Am I doing it right, by keeping my carbohydrate intake below 15? Also can you drink vimto (sugar free)?

Sorry for a very long and boring post.

Hope all is well and happy. Take care you guys.

Last edited:
Hey hon,

You can't take xenical and do Atkins. Atkins is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate diet. That means most of your calories should come from fat - and combined with xenical that would have nasty results.

900 calories is also really too low for any diet except a lipotrim style food replacement diet where all your nutrition is calculated. You can't get enough nutrients from 900 cals of regular food.

Take a look at the 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins' sticky and the Atkins questions answered thread. If you decide to do the diet then buy the book - preferably an older edition which Atkins wrote himself.

If you don't think you can manage eating high fat - Dukan diet is a high protein, moderate carbohydrate, low fat diet. You can ask on the Dukan board if it will work with xenical - I'm not totally sure. But Atkins & xenical is a definite nono.

Hey hon,

You can't take xenical and do Atkins. Atkins is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate diet. That means most of your calories should come from fat - and combined with xenical that would have nasty results.

900 calories is also really too low for any diet except a lipotrim style food replacement diet where all your nutrition is calculated. You can't get enough nutrients from 900 cals of regular food.

Take a look at the 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins' sticky and the Atkins questions answered thread. If you decide to do the diet then buy the book - preferably an older edition which Atkins wrote himself.

If you don't think you can manage eating high fat - Dukan diet is a high protein, moderate carbohydrate, low fat diet. You can ask on the Dukan board if it will work with xenical - I'm not totally sure. But Atkins & xenical is a definite nono.

Thank you so much! :) that's very helpful!!! I'll check it out for sure. I suppose you are right. It doesn't make sense.

I did snack on cheese after my post lol so my calories intake was 1230 in total. With me taking xenical I bet it was less. I do feel tired today. But I'll read more about dukan and hopefully I will be able to work something out. Thank you for a helpful reply. :) xxx

Back