1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Am i doing it right??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by newlifenow, 29 August 2014 Social URL.

1. newlifenow

newlifenow Well-Known Member

Hi all, ive been on Atkins/low carb about 6 weeks now and I'm down 17lbs,id be down more but I ate an indian last weekend and it stalled me for five days,never again!!

My typical day is:
    Breakfast: Ham and cheese or boiled eggs,mayo and ham
    Lunch is cold chicken with lettuce celery,red oinion,cucumber and ceaser dressing-a drop
    Dinner is meat and veg-squash every few days,usually brocolli or cabbage and the odd day sweet potato fries
    The odd day I will eat an orange if I feel bunged.
    I also had a sausage this morning and didn't know if I should?

I was snacking on nuts but stopped that as I felt it was slowing me down.
    Ive uped my game this week and started working out in the gym,I will either do 25 mins cardio and 15 mins weights or I will swim

Up to last week pre indian I felt smaller and trimmer but this week I feel pure fat.Im 15.4 today and want to get to 13.4 as my short term goal.im drinking a litre and a half of water every day,green tea and maybe one coke zero at lunch.

Please feel free to pull my regime apart and advise me what I need to change or if there are any obvious good foods I should be eating,all help greatly appreciated

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Hi there and welcome. How are you doing this week? If you haven't already, then take a look at the stickies thinking of starting Atkins and cheating on Atkins

I suggest you drop the sweet potatoes as need to go very clean and low carb to start off. Also avoid orange - one orange can throw you out of ketosis and then take a few days to return. If you need help with blocked inards - Atkins recommends physillium husk to help. I swear by spinach (which is yummy too)

Good luck