AM I DOING THIS RIGHT?

kazbryn

Hi all
I'm not sure that I am doing this right! I have been taking xenical since 29th December, I was told to eat food that contained less than 5% fat which I have been doing, but I feel that maybe I am eating too much carb. To date I have lost 4lbs is that about right. I don't have to be weighed until 19th January.

A typical days food is as follows:

B'fast: Fruit, muller light yogurt and a handfull of Special K mixed in or 2 slices toast with homemade marmalade

Lunch: Sandwich of either white or brown bread with cooked meat and salad, sometimes I spread Laughing Cow extra light on, fruit and maybe a ten calorie cup a soup

Evening Meal: Jacket or Rice or Boiled pototoes, vegetables and chicken or Boiled rice and chick pea Dahl or Turkey/chicken cottage pie

followed by fruit or a pkt of berry snack a jacks which I found to contain 1.8g of fat per 100g as a snack if necessary.

I'm struggling as to what to have for a days menu as both myself and other half eat the same food, he doesn't mind.

I have an office based job so exercise is limited although I do try to run around to take messages rather than ring messages through.

If you can help advise me on being more successful with this I would be most grateful.

I have read lots of good advice on this forum and can see that there are some fantastic weight loss stories. I really hope that by the end of this year I can be one of them.

I have 3 and a half stone to lose and would like to do that this year if at all possible.

Can I just say though eating what I have been doing I have not had any side effects from the pills.

:wave_cry:

Hiya

It sounds to me like you are doing really well. If you aren't getting any side effects you are doing it right.

The only thing I would say to watch is your portion sizes. Thats usually where I fall down and I know that about a month in my weight loss had slowed down and someone mentioned portion sizes and when I looked they had crepts back up again.

4lbs in just under 2 weeks isnt bad at all. Thats a nice steady 2 lbs a week and your doctor will be really happy with that. I lost big numbers initially but have slowed down to about 2/3 lbs a week now.

I would say not to worry sounds like your doing everything right and I'm sure you'll do really well if you keep going.

I was going to follow Rosemary Conley but for one reason or another decided against it and am using Weight Watchers recipes again for dinner and doing my own thing at other times. I'm aiming for about 1500 cals a day and this seems to be working for me but I've still got 5.5 stones to lose so that number might not be right for you.

Good luck and don't worry.

Mhairi

Your food plan looks spot on to me.

Well done on your weightloss to date.

No side effects is confirmation you are doing things right. Keep up the good work x

what she said! lol!

you sound like u r doing great! keep it up
xxx

You weight loss seems fine but just a tip - I tend to stick to 15g's of fat per meal and everything less than 5% fat where I can. A good set of scales and you won't go far wrong chuck :)

Good Luck

your doing fine... 4lbs is great remember though everyones weight loss's will be different so dont judge on someone elses :) xx

Back