am i doing this right

sarahb2

hi all,
trying sw after a few attempts of meal replacements, any how. I've had porridge (28g) milk and some frozen berries, tin of tuna 2 eggs salad and a few new pots, chicken with dry roast pots, carrots corgettes cooked in tomatoes. so i don't think i've had any sins and i'm trying to do the easy plan, am i on the right tracks?? thanks if any one responds in advance x :D

you can have 35g of porridge now so you short changed yourself a bit there. As long as your uncooked/unpureed fruit and veggies make up 1/3 of each meal your on the right track. make sure you measure your milk if you are using it as your HE A so you use the right amount and get your appropriate calcium intake. And most importantly use some syns!!!! SW recommend at least 5 and up to 15 a day.

you can have 35g of porridge now so you short changed yourself a bit there. As long as your uncooked/unpureed fruit and veggies make up 1/3 of each meal your on the right track. make sure you measure your milk if you are using it as your HE A so you use the right amount and get your appropriate calcium intake. And most importantly use some syns!!!! SW recommend at least 5 and up to 15 a day.

Syns are as much as part of the plan as the free food and the healthy extras. I have seen it time and time again in class when people think by cutting back on their syns they will lose more but it actually does not work like that.
x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Hi Sara - I remember when I tried the meal replacement (drinks) and thought they were just a nice milk shake to accompany a full dinner :p

Good luck with SW - I've personally found it to be the best all rounder but only when I got my head properly around the fact that it wasn't a diet .... it's a totally new way of looking at what goes in my cake-hole (much less cake these days though - LOL).

Have a look at the link I've put at the top - it should help a lot. Also had a look at some of the other threads & sticky's above where you posted your question - there's loads of helpful tips/posts to help.

As Phaeona says - measure your milk (HEa). You can do a search on the Syns thread or Healthy Extra thread to help with the amounts allowed - I personally use skimmed so can have 375ml a day. Your porridge is your HEb for the day but you can have bread or dried fruit instead if you fancy.

Drink plenty of water, sugar free squash/soda or tea/coffee - if you need sugar it'll need to be syn'd or use a sweetener instead.

Good luck & hope his helps :)

Thanks all, I have had a good look at some of the food ideas on the site and will be giving them ago. As for the milk I dont like milk so never use it in my tea/coffee so use my allowance in one go. I can't belive how inventive people are with their food ideas, I would never think of these. As for the sins I think I was a little afraid of having any thing (naughty) as it may send me on the slippery slope!!!! Can we save sins up to use at weekend as this is the time i really struggle?

Different consultants seen to have different opinions on syn saving and I personally will use whatever I haven't used through the week at the weekend if I need them, but I certainly wouldn't save all 15 for the weekend.
You should be ideally using at least 5 a day to stop you feeling deprived. Remember syns don't have to be "naughty" things like biscuits and chocolate (although if you want them, use your syns for them- its what they are there for!) , a bit of margarine on your toast, a bit of salad cream or ketchup or some gravy on your roast potatoes are all good ways of incorporating the syns into daily life. As said above they are part of the plan. You would never go without your free food so don't go without your syns. Good luck! X

Thanks for that, I forgot about the little things like ketchup ect, don't have them as a rule so didn't think of it. As for clover ect that is my BIG PROBLEM as is BREAD so trying to avoid these at all costs, ha ha, thanks again x

Back