Am I doing this right...?

willowfire365

Silver Member
Hi everyone! I thought I'd post a diary as I'm on day 1 and would love to know that I'm doing this right....I lost a lot of weight on Lipotrim about 2 years ago and I'd been keeping most of it off until the Drs put me on new pain tablets for my M.E (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)! I must have put on about 4 stone in 3 months and I'm miserable. I wanted to try something other than total food replacement again as with all these tablets the last time I tried I nearly passed out :-( So I researched last night and then went and got the book today and I've been shopping and started the attack phase! I've spent the last 2 days on 2 Lipotrim shakes and a protein meal at lunch and I didn't have anything breakfast like in the house this morning so I had a shake this morning and then went and got the Dukan book! So my meals today have been:

Breakfast - Lipotrim shake
Lunch - 1 whole egg and 1 egg white scrambled with smoked salmon, prawns and cab sticks.
photo (1).JPG

Snack - Yeo valley 0% Yogurt with vanilla essence drops.
Dinner - Galette ( I followed the recepie in the Dukan Life Plan book but I think I put a bit more sweetener in than I should have but it was yummy!) with coked Salmon, some smoked Salmon and a few bits ok cooked seafood.
photo (2).JPG

Drink - 2L of water and some coke zero

So I must admit I've found this quite easy...am i doing it wrong which is why I've taken the photos of everything! lol I don't know if this is a good habit to carry on but we shall see!

Bring on day 2!!

Tc all

X

Good start - might avoid the crabsticks as they can stall your weight loss - also the smoked salmon as v salty but not sure about that one as I don't eat it!!! Fill your boots as much as you can as the more pure protein you eat the more you will lose.... Well done on your amazing journey so far - I hope you enjoy Dukan and it works for you...... After attack maybe check out the muffin recipe on here as they have been lifesavers for me over the last year or so!! LOL - Good luck!

How lovely to put pictures there... please continue to do so! Your meals look very tasty!

At your current weight, you'll need to be eating plenty of pure protein so perhaps move that galette to breakfast, lose the shake, and have a proper dinner!

Good luck!

Fantastic start and love your photos.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need seafood now you're tempted me lol good look and eat plenty fill your boots xxx

All of the above, welcome x

Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome and the food suggestions. Forgot to say that I don't eat meat so fish is my only option which hopefully will be ok.....even after 10 days lol Today I've felt so full which I guess has been a good thing! lol

My diary today

Breakfast - Galette with a scrambled egg (1 egg) and smoked salmon
Day 2 Breakfast.JPG

Lunch- mixed fish with the left over cooked salmon and some smoked salmon and 2 crab sticks
Day 2 Lunch.JPG

Dinner - tuna steak with some more mixed fish, smoked salmon and a few crab sticks
Day 2 Dinner.JPG

Desert - 0% Greek yogurt with some vanilla essence

Going for some tinned fish tomorrow i think...just to mix it up a bit lol I don't know what other things i can have in the yogurt so I think the essence will have to do!

Had a bit of a bad day today with pain and fatigue and I had a bit of a rubbish night at work....I fell over when my legs gave way. I've hurt myself a bit but I'm more achy than anything. Going to bed in a min I think.

Thanks so much again for the support and bring on day 3!

Tc X

Lovely pictures! As you don't eat meat, you might try incorporating some tofu (not the stuff that's been industrially made into "things", but just plain which you will make into tasty things). Quorn mince, for instance. It might give you some options.

I hope it wasn't the diet making you light headed! ouch!
x

HI Willow, I am new to this as well and also like you have lost weight on shakes prior. I gained it all back which is why I am giving Dukan a go, and to be honest I am realy liking it so far! I love your pics, what a great idea! very yummy. I like fish more than meat too, so might give your ideas a go! Good luck and hope you are feeling a bit better today.xx

So sorry I've not replied sooner but weekends are hard for me as I work loads. I'm rather tired but doing ok and Maintainer I love the tofu idea! When I go shopping next I'm it's on the list! wana_be_skinny_mummy that's so much for the message. I'm so pleased to hear that your doing ok on this too. I've got till Saturday on the attack and then I'm going to switch. How long are you doing? I'll make sure to keep an eye on your diary too so I can see how your getting on :)

I've been much the same with my food but what with working so much I've not had a chance to post any photos or anything really. I'm not sleeping brilliantly which means I'm waking up late and missing breakfast but I'm having lunch and my oat bran so hopefully it'll all be ok. I'm not really hungry at all and I keep having tummy pains but i think that probably me coming off the tablets. Off to work now though so will post more soon.

I really hope everyone is well and going strong!

Tc X

Tummy pains on this diet can be errrrr trapped wind! Careful with your sweetener intake (sugar free sweets are notorious for it!)...

You might even find you sleep less on this diet. I certainly do!

So the last few days have been quite good and I've done my first p+v day today and as i work on a Sunday morning and with my health problems i must admit i probably had a bit too much veg but i had 2 scrambled eggs followed buy 0% greek yogurt with rhubarb i'd cooked the night before and all i can say is that it tasted amazing! Silly isn't it how something can be so normal but taste so good! After work i came home and cooked mackerel with cooked tomato, onion and some smoked salmon and for dinner i made a butternut squash soup and then had the rest of the rhubarb. I was very naughty today and left off my oat bran as I've had a rather upset tummy the last few days and i didn't think my body needed anything to help in that department! Will be strait back on the oat bran tomorrow though and doing another food shop to stock up on proteins. My family can see a difference in my figure which is great as I've not been weighing myself. To be perfectly honest I was too upset at the fact the tablets had caused the weight gain and i was rather ashamed and didn't want to know the damage so going to weight for another month and see what i weigh then. I am planning my birthday at the moment and part of it is a night out with friends and family and we're making cupcakes. It's very unusual to be able to have a night with everyone together but a week before my fav band is playing so we're all getting together at the gig so I'm going to have a day off on the 4th April and then treat the 11th (my actual birthday) as a p+v day...I hope that I'm not being naughty by doing that but i want to enjoy my day and not be worrying about what's in the food and everything. That is not to say that I'm going to be silly by any means at all as I've been working hard and doing really well and I'm not going to ruin it now! Also i have my tattoo being finished on Tuesday so much excitement there...I'm also planning to get another one done too...my friend got me a paper weight when i did my first diet and lost 8 stone that says 'the sky's the limit' and I always look at it when i need a boost so i think it's something to get...can't quite believe i went from none to 4 so quickly! I adore them though!

So tomorrow is another day and an early start for shopping. Really hope everyone is staying strong!

Tc X

So things are still going well and still going on alternating PP and PV days. Feeling a bit of panic at the moment as I've got 3 days of family occasions and eating out and that really worries me. Today wasn't too bad going to a family gathering and i could take food with me in a box and it was fine but tomorrow we're going out to a restaurant and then on Tuesday I'm out all day in town getting my hair done. Today was a real surprise though as I managed to get into a pair of jeans a size smaller and I was so happy! I feel horrid at the moment as it's my time of the month at the moment (sorry TMI) and my health has really kicked up a fuss and i feel quite vile but hopefully that'll ease soon. Thursday is my birthday celebrations and I have planned a diet day off and i know that's not great but I've been so good and I want to enjoy myself and instead of having birthday cake I've got birthday cup cakes made as i thought that would be slightly better than massive slices of cake! lol I'm panicking about the meal out we're going too tomorrow as it's an Italian and I don't know what i can have to eat but hopefully it'll be ok!

So excited to wear my new jeans and outfit on Thursday so going to focus on that!

Tc all!

X

Really gutted at the moment. We've gone out for a meal with family and the reasturant wouldn't accommodate and make something for me so I'm having to go with a light pizza. It's so stupid but I feel really guilty and annoyed. I know it's hard as I don't eat meat but they didn't even have a salmon salad or anything I would be able to eat. Really hope this wont make me put on too much weight as I feel so great at the moment. Going to only have that and then try to get some sugar free jelly on the way home. My break day is Thursday so gutted I'm coming off early :-( feel so stupid and I've only just ordered it :-(

Thanks so much. I was doing ok until I was rather sick (sorry TMI). Think might have been the oil or something but I feel a little better now. Going to have a small amount of jelly in a min as my tummy is rumbling like crazy. My pain isn't great at all today so I'm wondering if I felt sick from that. Oh well moving on and up!

Back