Extra Easy Am I eating enough?

lickthelid

Lives here....
Hi everyone.

I want to start off by saying I personally believe that slimming world is the best eating plan ever.

I have been following extra easy and have lost 1st 3lbs so far. For two weeks my weight plateaued and my reaction was to throw a few red days in to mix it up and see if it boosted weight loss. However I think I have tried to restrict mmyself too much, regardless of what 'day' I am on and wonder if this is the reason for my stall.

Can you guys take a look and let me know what you honestly think?

Average EE Day:
B - mullerlight
L- Mug shot
D - SW chips with lean meat or Low Fat Sausages and baked beans or veg

Average Red Day:
B- mullerlight
L- Eggs and Ham
D- chicken and bacon and lots of veg or maybe potato as a HexB

Regardless of the day I eat my HEXs and may snack on carrot ssticks or an apple in between.

I admit to not always managing my super free at lunch but have it at dinner.

Any thoughts? This isn't enough is it?

U need 1/3 superfree with breakfast and lunch too its part of the plan...also are U having any syns?? X

And remember you can have 2 healthy extras on red day x

Personally I don't think your eating enough. I certainly couldn't survive on what your having. But having said that so long as your not going hungry then don't eat just for the sake of it. You need to work some syns in I've heard loads of times that people's losses start up again once they have their syns. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I too do not think u r eating enuf. Def a bigger Brekkie needed to kick start the metabolism. As already pointed out 2 x HExA + HExB are to be used on green and red days.

If cant manage the super free (I couldn't to start with) I was advised that as long as eating ur 5 a day u should b ok but could hinder weight loss. Also are you drinking enough water?

I could start having a banana with my yoghurt (I hate them but can make myself eat them) to get in my super free?

i do have syns but its commonly no more than 5 a day.

To be honest it genuinely is enough food for me and my evenin meal servings are pretty large! Talking whole plateful. Maybe I need to start working in more veg with dinner too. Lunch is a problem for me though as I hate hate hate salad but will take some fruit again to have with my mugshot at work.

I never feel hungry or anything anymore now I'm on SW and maybe that's giving me a false sense of my lower limits but like above I don't see the point in eating for the sake of it

When u say salad is it the lettuce etc? I used to have chopped tomatoes & cucumber slices but more recently I am enjoying flavoured beetroot from the fruit/veg section in supermarkets. Fave the now is sweet chilli. U could make some home made veggie soup or super speed soup?

Y not use your hex b as bread for a sandwich for lunch :) x

It doesn't look like you're eating enough to me hun. I'm no nutritionist but it doesn't look like you're getting your 5 a day which is obviously super important. If your body feels deprived it can go into starvation mode and make shedding the pounds much harder. You should definitely be losing on the amount you're eating, so maybe try adding more fruit and veg and mixing things up a bit to get your metabolism restarted.

Good point but we are such a bananas and apples family. Maybe I'll get some grapes too.

I use my HEXb for oil and my A for milk so that reduces the amount of 'food' that appears naturally. No bread, no bars, no cheese etc.

Last edited:
Because in my Actify its just not the same as proper oil and it really does make all the difference. Plus I can manage without bread and resent paying for the Alpen bars when I don't really like them :-s I'd rather keep my syns for some nice green and blacks :)

on my shopping this week I have added, more apples, grapes, a fruit salad pot and two bags of frozen mixed fruit to have in a bowl as a snack (no added nasties) also topped up our veg selection

Ill post today's food at the end of today to see if its an improvement. I have a hypnotherapy appointment today too so I will ask my therapist to work on the cut back mentality as clearly its not working. Weigh day today and my 3rd STS in a row!!!!

I would say not.

If you restrict yourself you will end up binging. You say you have your Hex's but I can't see them on your plan? You also need more superfree- for example fruit with your breakfast yogurt and make sure you snack on some in the day if you can't manage it at lunch. Also you don't seem to have any syns. You need to have them or your weight could stall and you are less likely to suceed.

I found it weird not feeling restricted very much but if you follow the plan to the letter then it will work, syns and all!

I appreciate I wasn't clear enough originally but I always have my hex a and b as milk and oil respectively.

Some syns get put into meals, for eg lean sausages or used for a little chocolate of an evening but I still range around the 5 mark.

This is today, bearing in mind I have been home to have a "proper lunch"

B- muller light and a banana and some raw carrots (not together!)
L- omelette made with 3 eggs, some milk from my hexA, ham, onions and mushrooms topped with beans in chilli sauce. Some more raw carrot (I like this so its handy and quick for me to grab from fridge)
D- waitrose extra lean sausages (4.5 syns) Actify chips using my hexB as oil, lots of veg

so I stand at 4.5 syns and have used my HEXs. I may have some of my dark choc later but won't for the sake of it.

does this look more like it?

I appreciate I wasn't clear enough originally but I always have my hex a and b as milk and oil respectively.

Some syns get put into meals, for eg lean sausages or used for a little chocolate of an evening but I still range around the 5 mark.

L- omelette made with 3 eggs, some milk from my hexA, ham, onions and mushrooms topped with beans in chilli sauce. Some more raw carrot (I like this so its handy and quick for me to grab from fridge)
D- waitrose extra lean sausages (4.5 syns) Actify chips using my hexB as oil, lots of veg

so I stand at 4.5 syns and have used my HEXs. I may have some of my dark choc later but won't for the sake of it.

Yes, looking much more like it! And if you are feeling satisfied and not keeping yourself hungry then it's great. And you can use a few extra syns if you go out for dinner or lunch one day.

Because in my Actify its just not the same as proper oil and it really does make all the difference. Plus I can manage without bread and resent paying for the Alpen bars when I don't really like them :-s I'd rather keep my syns for some nice green and blacks :)

on my shopping this week I have added, more apples, grapes, a fruit salad pot and two bags of frozen mixed fruit to have in a bowl as a snack (no added nasties) also topped up our veg selection

Personally I love Frylight butter in my actifry with chips, takes about 20 mins but they are lovely!

Hi LTL

I was going to say I think your inital posts were a little misleading as you never listed your syns etc. The above is much better as we would not know from previous post that you had all that in there which is where the confusion over what you have and haven't eaten came from! That is how I kind of list my days food and makes it so much clearer for a quick glance.

Enjoy the rest of your day x

Back