Extra Easy Am i eating the right stuff??

princess.85

Hiya,

I'm doing SW on my own as I didn't like the classes went a few times and found it a waste of money. I'm one of those people who likes to do things on my own..
Anyway I am 10 stones and would to to lose just over a stone, I'm 5'4" and don't do any exercise and generally sat at a desk all day. I know SW says eat as much as u want of the free food but since I don't h e a lot to lose I think I might need some sort of portion control??

This is what I eat on an average day:

Breakfast
2x wholemeal toast (HX) with light bertolli (1 syn)
Couple of pieces of fruit

Lunch
100 pasta, 1 can of tuna in brine with 1 tbsp of extra light meyo and sweet corn (1 syn)
Or
Large jacket Potato with beans or tuna & light bertolli (1 syn for beans 2 for Tuna meyo)(sometimes I have a little cheese as my HX)

Snacks
1 coffee, usually americano

Dinner
SW chilli con carne & basmati rice cooked with fry light

Sometimes a glass of wine.. (8.5 syns)

What do u guys think, can I lose weight with this?

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks fine in principle as a menu, but you don't seem to be having any super-free at lunch and I'm not sure about tea as it depends how you make your chilli. If you use the third super-free rule your portions should be controlled anyway. Good luck x

Hey. I've had a quick look at your food, and the only thing I'd suggest is that you need to up your SuperFree. If you're following Extra Easy, you should remember that 1/3rd of your meals should be SuperFree foods - these are foods which are higher in density but lower in calories (I think I've got that right!)

So, going off this, breakfast looks fine. Your couple of pieces of fruit should cover your SuperFree there, great! :)

Lunch, you definitely need some SuperFree foods. Sweetcorn and/or Baked Beans are Free foods, not SuperFree. There are lots of SuperFree foods you could interperate into those meals - what about a nice salad with your Jacket Potato (Lettuce, Cucumber, Onion, Tomato, etc are all SuperFree foods). With your Tuna Pasta, again why not serve it with a side salad and/or add some cucumber/onion/tomatoes into the pasta mixture.

As for dinner, chilli con carne is an easy dish to adapt to the 1/3 SuperFree rule. Just add lots of tomatoes, peppers, and onions and you should be good to go! Also, are you using extra lean mince? This is the only mince which is free, and others need to be Synned.

Hope this helps a little bit. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

I take it you are doing extra easy? Why are you synning beans as they are a free food on extra easy.

As said if you make sure you have your one third superfree that will help to naturally limit your portion sizes. For instance at lunch you have no superfree (sweetcorn doesn't count) but if you included this you probably wouldn't need quite so much pasta and tuna.

I make my chilli with mushrooms, red & green peppers, kidney beans and lots of chopped tomato. I do love salad but just not been into it lately with the cold weather.. I did take it on board though I am having a mini salad with my jacket potato right now!
I didn't syn the beans btw it was for the low fat spread I use. I'm thinking to have some miller light with my lunch too and getting a smaller jacket potato. Feels weird to eat so much food, I hope I lose something to prove myself wrong :D xx

I make my chilli with mushrooms, red & green peppers, kidney beans and lots of chopped tomato. I do love salad but just not been into it lately with the cold weather.. I did take it on board though I am having a mini salad with my jacket potato right now!
I didn't syn the beans btw it was for the low fat spread I use. I'm thinking to have some miller light with my lunch too and getting a smaller jacket potato. Feels weird to eat so much food, I hope I lose something to prove myself wrong :D xx

From your signature I can see you have already lost 26lb - you must be doing something right! I'm sure that you will be fine.

That was with the cambridge diet, losses were fantastic but it's so difficult and no social life. Don't want the limitation anymore I'm sure I can get this stone off with SW & exercise :) xx

Back