AM I EATING TOO MUCH PASTA!

Am strict veggie so always on Green days. Joined 2 days ago, I am still trying to get my head around the idea that I can eat as much pasta/noodles as i want- basically carbs, and still lose weight I cant quite believe it how can this be?!! Or have i got it totally wrong? I guess the weigh in on Monday will convince me or not! diary as follows:

HE A 250ml semi-skim Milk
HE A 42g low fat cheese
HE B Porridge

Lunch - Baked Potato with cheese, beans and salad, SYN - 1tsp extra light mayo

Dinner - tofu, rice noodle and veggie stir fry - SYN - 2tsp oil

pineapple

Supper - 1 crumpet 1tsp low fat spread and 1 low fat triangle, tin spaghetti hoops

TOTAL DAY'S SYNS: 14.5 SYNS

im on green days too and i practically live of potatoes
i adore SW chips :p
but it honestly does work ive lost nearly a stone in just over a month

i it really does work i lost 4 stone a few years ago mainly on green days my favoret things were , a baked potato mussy peas and a pk of cheesy pasta n sauce sorry thats mushy peas
unfortunatly i went of it put it all back on and more besides ,i cant get my head round it now so im having a bypass but i still think SW is a great diet plan i just wish i could hav e stuck with it. good luck

Thanks all, Natlee, we are very similar in that my start weight 10st7lb I want to get down to at least 9 stone for my wedding in November. The fact you are already down to 10 stone is really inspiring. Cherry what are the SW chips? cooked in oven?? Also Kats I wish you lots of luck, you have done it before so you know anything is possible. love Sharon xx

basically chop potatoes into chip shapes

boil them in a pan for about 4 or 5 minutes.

drain the water and let the chips dry for about 10 minutes

pre heat the oven to gas mark 9

spray a tray with fry light put the chips on the tray and spray over them with fry light

pop in the oven for around 20 minutes it says 45 on the slimming world website but i dont like them as crispy.

there lovely with a quorn burger or with cheese and beans :)

I'm a strict veggie as well so always green days for me, if you stick to the principles the plan definintely does work, although I have to admit I do weigh my pasta and rice and have between 60-90g only because I could easily eat 200g dried weight of either in one sitting! You day looked fine to me but remember that second HEB! The healthy extras are an important part of the diet as calcium and fibre are very important in a diet.

Back