Am I eligible?

Jodieboo

Gold Member
Hi guys.

I'm just wondering whether any of you know if I would be eligible for this? I read online that I had to have a BMI of over 39 to be prescribed it, but some of the other members on here are heaps lighter than me!!

My doctor is aware of my weight loss struggles and has blood tested and found out I have a slight underactive thyroid.

Do you think it's worth my time going to the doctors to see if I can get any help with this?

Thanks x

Hi guys.

I'm just wondering whether any of you know if I would be eligible for this? I read online that I had to have a BMI of over 39 to be prescribed it, but some of the other members on here are heaps lighter than me!!

My doctor is aware of my weight loss struggles and has blood tested and found out I have a slight underactive thyroid.

Do you think it's worth my time going to the doctors to see if I can get any help with this?

Thanks x

I believe its bmi over 30 with my local NHS trust. I will say there are a fair few of us on here, myself included, who no longer take xen but this is our home & we support those who do which is why it may seem like we shouldn't be on it.

Some Drs are really against it as its an expensive drug that so many people use incorrectly & either stop taking it as they are having horrible "side effects" which is because they aren't eating within the rules or they lose weight then go back to old habits & gain weight back.

Its not a miracle drug but the 4 months I was on it made me change my eating habits & has change my life so if you are prepared to change the way you eat forever go for it. Good luck xx

Thank you for replying Lexie :)

why it may seem like we shouldn't be on it.

Oh no! I really didn't mean for it to sound that way! I just meant like, people who weigh less than me who have a lower BMI have been prescribed it, so I should be too? Do you know what I mean? Lol. I've had two hours sleep because of an oncoming ear infection and I'm not even sure that makes sense lol.

Got my doctors appointment this afternoon :) Let's see what he says!

Thank you for replying Lexie :)

Oh no! I really didn't mean for it to sound that way! I just meant like, people who weigh less than me who have a lower BMI have been prescribed it, so I should be too? Do you know what I mean? Lol. I've had two hours sleep because of an oncoming ear infection and I'm not even sure that makes sense lol.

Got my doctors appointment this afternoon :) Let's see what he says!

Sorry if my reply came across as of it I wasn't meaning to be at all, just trying to explain. I hope your Dr is helpful. A lot of gps will tell you to go away for a month & lose some weight so my advice would be eat as though you are on the meds it will get you a loss & you can then tell the GP how you've eaten & hopefully they'll prescribe for you x

Yaaaay Lexieeee I got them!!!

He's told me to steer clear of pork though but its my favourite meat! Here comes hours of trawling through this section of Minimins!

Thank you for your help :D

That is brilliant news. Make sure you read to stickie until its ingrained in your brain lol x

Back