Am i normal?

On the very first day of doing atkins I started at 730 am and by 6 pm I felt awful. Weak and headachy. By the second day I was dreadful! Hardly had the energy to walk upstairs and ha the worst headache ever (despite drinking 2l water) by the end of the second day, well the middle of the night going into the 3rd day I was already in ketosis. Isn't all this a little fast!? I was expecting the atkins flu but only after a few days. Lol.
On the plus side as I am now just finishing day three I feel a little better than I did. Still got a headache but the weakness is going a little and it's great knowing I am burning fat already :)
Anyone else this quick? Oh just say I was eating like a pig up till starting the diet so it wasnt like I had already started winding down.

Hey :) it can happen that quickly, everyone is different so don't worry lol woohooo to ketosis!!!

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Never heard of the Atkins flu happening that quick! Maybe it was a bug, lots of the nasty devils around? Or maybe low carb is just made for you :) Anyway, I'm glad you're on the mend.

And welcome :)

I'm just starting day 4 and am very properly in ketosis (according to my ketosticks) and had all the weakness and headaches on day 2 and 3. So it definitely can happen. I'm quite relieved because I feel loads better today and am about to go and have some halloumi, mushrooms and ham for breakfast.

To be honest when I 1st started on Atkins last time. I had a terrible head ache for about 4 days. But since going off Atkins for buddy months there were still certain things I kept the same as black de caff coffee. I do think the head aches were due to the caffenie coming out my body. But the way you felt sound awful.

It can take 24-48hrs to deplete your liver of stored glucose, when that happens you hit a keto state, its just secondary fuel and happens even if your not on Atkins ie: poorly and not eating, or morning sickness for example, Im a GP and I check lots of wee everyday and when the stick detects ketones I just ask 'have you not been eating/been sick/or poorly'. Ketosis kicks in fast it has too as like I said its a secondary fuel supply. I know when the glucose has depleted as I get a stinking headache (like today! Ive had 4L water and had to give in to 2 paracetamol) your brain's main fuel is glucose and its just the switch over than gives you the headache, as long as your thoroughly hydrated, as dehydration also causes headaches. So don't worry - tomorrow u'll be flying! x

Ohhh love your post sandy T very informative!! And we have a GP among us!! :D xxx

Ooops did I really just tell everyone that! ;)

U did!!! Lol!!! Secrets out now ;) xxx

Oh well I can always be the residential doctor lol xx

.... I know..... joy!!!! All in a days work hey :happy036:

Do u have a diary sandy? Xxx

:D :D

Thanks all. Day 4 now for me. Been in ketosis since the middle of the night day 2/3. Still feeling tired but that may be due to a week of night shifts too. Headache still there but slighty better. Struggled yesterday as was craving big time for something sweet. However I have stuck to it. I look forward to getting my reward on the scales x

I don't actually- not on here, my diary is my motivation sock, carb diet app and my measurements. I could do a diary tho, my journey on weight loss followed by adding in Zumba and weights - my waist today measures 27.5 inches!!!!! That's smaller than pre-kid's when it was 28-29" and I was only 9st4 and super fit. Here's a pic of what look I'm aiming at - keeps me motivated.

23729_10151320186559509_1618675310_n.jpg

Last edited:
And you haven't even had a sneeky peek.......god your good!!! The suspense would be killing me :p Have Hartleys low cal jellies if your craving and a teaspoon of cream - that really works.

Back