Am I on the right track please?

ianrush9

Hi everyone, this board is great. I have been reading through for a few weeks and built up my tips, a friend has given me the books and I am ready to go. I usually do weightwatchers and have lost weight a few times with it - have heard so much good stuff about slimming world lately have decided to try. If I say what I have had today can someone please tell me if it is right please - haven't felt hungry at all so feel like I have had too much,

Healthy A - 350ml skimmed and 42g low fat cheese
Healthy B - 28g branflakes and 3 slices of ww danish bread

free food - wafer thin chicken, salad, 2 eggs, 2 bananas, steak and veg

syns very low fat spread 2.5, 2 tblsp hellmans extra light mayo 5 syns

I really feel like I have ate too much, normally starving on the first day of a diet!!!:confused:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The mayo is better syn wise than you think hun :)

Hellmann's Extra Light Mayonnaise, Only 3% Fat 1 level tbsp[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Oh my God half a sin - that's boss! I can't believe how much I have had to eat today and I haven't had my steak and veg yet!!!

Thanks for your replies - I think I will spend the weekend going through every post on the forum and making notes. Don't want to be overcharging myself on syns!!:)

Sarah, your stats are fab, well done.

On a red day can I eat processed meat like wafer thin chicken and Bernard Matthews chicken slices in a packet?

Yes you can eat processed meats but most of them now have syns in them per 100g, it's not much only somthing like 1 syn per 100g but just double check before you munch!

Looks fab, only thing I'd say was that you're having 2 healthy A's and 2 healthy B's & they normally say that 1 healthy A for is better weight loss. Others might say different but when I follow either Red or Green I only have 1 A & 2 B's - see how it works for you & if you find you're not loosing then cut down.

Good luck xx

I dont think it matters too much if you are having 1 or 2 A's when doing red or green days. If you have them both then great, if you dont then it's no big deal :)

Thanks guys. When I decided to try Slimming World I thought I would miss the WW boards 'cos everone is really helpful. Now I won't miss them - its the same on here. So glad I found you!!!!

Don't forget that the syn value of the mayonnaise is for a level tablespoon. That means scraping a knife over the top of the spoon so it is completely level, and scraping off everything that clings underneath!

Don't mean to "rain on your parade" but I know what I am like - dig a spoon into the lemon curd and pretend it's level!!!

Glad you are enjoying SW.

-menu looks fab, sounds like your off to a good start! esp if you enjoying it!

as mentioned before, keep an eye out for packeted meat. lean meat of the deli (although more expensive) if thats what you like to snacck on is the better bet. always check syns though! x

Your menu sounds lush...just one thing..im not sure if its a biggie but you are supposed to have a ryvita with your bran flakes if using it as a healthy extra in order to get enough fibre...sorry if you are already doing so..just thought id mention it :)

Back