Am i over doing it on the suger free fizz

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
After reading another thread about suger free energy drinks.. its got me concerned about my health in relation to the amount of diet pepsi/pepsi max.

i can quite easily finish off a big bottle to myself in a day, i dont do it every day, maybe 1 big bottle on the weekend and atleast one small bottle a day if not two..

Im worried, i drink 8 glasses of water a day, always. So i dont JUST drink fizz, But i do drink a fair bit..

x

The caffeine isn't good for you, but you drink lots of water so your body should still be making the connections it needs. Maybe try caffeine free (yucky i think but it's all personal) or maybe have just a couple of cans or small bottles. You need to be ready for a caffeine withdrawal headache though if you stop drinking caffeine!

My concerns with sugar free stuff is the sweeteners in them,
with what ive read over the past year, i stopped drinking and eating food with them in.:eek:
Unfortunately i cant do that when im on this 'diet'. :(
When ive lost the weight i will stop consuming them again!
Sorry for waffling.
xx

Fern, I love pepsi max too and would have like 2 glasses a day, ontop of my water...
I used to drink nothing but Pepsi Max, then when i started SW and now drink nothing but water through the day, I have my pepsi max in the evening as a wee treat... and cos its so sweet compared to the water, it satisfies any sweet cravings.... but Im quite sure we are about to be told about how awful it is for us. lol

I need to up my water.

Fern you and I can cut out the crap together! LOL

I am a Pepsi Max addict, although of late I haven't really had much - I read a bit about one of the ingredients (aspartame) and it scared the bejesus out of me as I could relate to everything in the passage (wikipedia)

Yep!! I'm another pepsi max addict....Would easily drink 2-4 litres a day. I've set a date (Saturday) to stop drinking it altogether. Have been drinking more sugar free cordials lately to try and cut it down. I'm so embarrassed to confess the amount of the stuff I would drink - taking in a sharp intake of breath in preparation of the backlash....xo

I used to be addicted to diet coke...I would drink in excess of 3 litres a day, but nothing else.
When I spoke to my GP about why my weight loss was so bad (was doing Xenical and following SW plan and lost 2lbs in 3 months), he asked what I was drinking...so I told him.
He told me to stop altogether. I had migraines, bad temper and the shakes for at least a week. The cravings were really hard and I can sympathise with anyone that is in withdrawl from anything!
I gave up for over 2 years, but now have 2 cans a day and make sure that I have at least 8 glasses of water too.

Hun I cut out diet pepsi (mostly) 2 weeks ago because of the same reasons you have. Since, I feel less bloated and generally much better. I was drinking up to 4 cans a day (!) and now have 1 every few days as a treat. I've upped the plain water intake and also drink NAS Vimto (though the sweetener is the same so I don't go too OTT with this either).

xxx

Thanks for the replys guys.

I really find it satisfys my sweet cravings, and tastes sooo good. But i can drink it like water if im not carful and use it as a tool to avoid alchyhole too.

i drink as much water as possible so i guess thats somthing,..

I dont wanna read about the sweetners etc. Ignorance is bliss!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

I used to drink lots of diet pepsi or pepsi max but I've cut right down and started buying fizzy water. I love it, it's cheaper (the Tesco Value stuff is 12p a bottle!!) and better for you, no sweeteners, it's water and I get my fizz!
I drink 2 litres of tap water a day when I'm at work and I have one glass of diet pepsi on an evening and fizzy water at other times in the evening.

I am aware of the aspartame scares but like to be a bit blinkered really and it wouldn't stop me having it.

ive started to drink more robinsons no added sugar orange squash and cut out the coke zero that i can quite easily drink 2 bottles a day of it, because my teeth are starting to look quite yellow with the amount of coke, plus having the squash is way cheaper, i now only have coke zero as a treat or when i go out drinking with malibu

Holy moly you guys have scared the crap out of me. I have 2 bottles of pepsi max at home...... And I know they will be drunk by saturday night. But I am starting this think now that perhaps that aint such a good idea!!!

I suffer from massive mood swings. Perhaps this is not helping them?

I used to drink coke and pepsi all the time but this last month I have given them up in place of squash and bottled water. I have found my cravings for sweet things has deminished a great deal but not only that, my teeth look better too, the brown staining has gone completely.

As already posted drinking 2ltrs a day is a myth, it is like the 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, just a number somebody years ago thought up. Remember that food contains water too so that counts towards fluid intake. So long as you are not dehydrated your fine.

Thats not right!!! I find if I drink any after 8 I cant sleep before 12!

Back