Am i overthinking this diet

catcongra

Hi - when planning my daily food I input to Myfitnesspal and stick to a max 1500 cals, keep fat, carbs, etc within limits - not losing despite measuring HEAs/HEBs and using between 8 - 15 syns daily - lost 1lb in 3 weeks. I mostly do EE ensuring at least 1/3 superfree with every meal - occasionally do RED/GREEN days. I have a stone to lose :( should I ignore the cals/carbs/fat intake?

catcongra said:
Hi - when planning my daily food I input to Myfitnesspal and stick to a max 1500 cals, keep fat, carbs, etc within limits - not losing despite measuring HEAs/HEBs and using between 8 - 15 syns daily - lost 1lb in 3 weeks. I mostly do EE ensuring at least 1/3 superfree with every meal - occasionally do RED/GREEN days. I have a stone to lose :( should I ignore the cals/carbs/fat intake?

In answer to your question-yes you probably are over thinking. Just stick to the plan and trust it :) you shouldn't be 'keeping to limits' other than syns and hex

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry to be blunt, but yes, you are overthinking it.

Can I ask, why are you even using MFP? You shouldn't be restricting calories/carbs/etc. That is not following the plan - SW is not based on calorie counting.

I'd go back and re-read your pack, and then try again...without the "aid" of MFP.

I use myfitnesspal as a food diary to log syns etc so I don't go over - think I need to eat more and throw caution to the wind :) thanks for replies

Hi, I'd agree you are overthinking. This is the second time i've done SW. The first time I couldn't get on with it at all, because before that I'd only ever been a member of WW and I kept counting my points as well as trying to stick with the SW plan, and I struggled to lose anything

This time I decided to completely trust the plan, and it's so much better!

I use myfitnesspal as a food diary to log syns etc so I don't go over - think I need to eat more and throw caution to the wind :) thanks for replies

Why don't you create a food diary on here as a way of logging your daily food? That's what I do! It also gives people a chance to comment on it to give you tips, etc. I've made some lovely friends through my food diary on here and they really keep me motivated!

I honestly don't think MFP is the best. It really seems to focus on calorie intake, which SW is totally not about.

Sure! Let us know the link when you've created it, I'd be glad to come and keep you company :)

Out for lunch today so will post it after that - plan to have chicken and salad and syn any dressing :) having magic pancakes and fruit for breakfast - haven't made them before so hope they're nice.

Suppose another example of me wrongly calorie counting - I wasn't planning on a dinner cos I was having a big lunch :( just afraid of over eating - but all change - will forget the cals.

With regards to over-eating, the one thing to remember is that you should eat when you are hungry and stop once you are full. It might sound like common sense, but it stops mindless eating. Don't give calories a second thought.

You can do this.

Hi, I'd agree you are overthinking. This is the second time i've done SW. The first time I couldn't get on with it at all, because before that I'd only ever been a member of WW and I kept counting my points as well as trying to stick with the SW plan, and I struggled to lose anything

This time I decided to completely trust the plan, and it's so much better!

I lost over 3st with WW in the past, and now I feel exactly the same. Im really struggling with the idea of eating as much as i want!!! But claire is right! SW has worked for loads of people, so there is no reason to think it cant work for you without counting calories etc! Good luck!

I also lost lots of weight doing Celebrity Slim (3st 8lbs) around 3 years ago then maintained by cal counting - 1 stone has crept back on so want to turn it round now before I end up where I was 3 years ago

Also worth pointing out you have a stone to lose which in the big scheme of dieting is not as much as some other people so your losses may be slower than you see others on the site achieving. It is not a diet like others where restriction is the key. This is supposed to be about reeducating and in the real world slim people eat till full and don't think about carb/fat/cal counts. I know cos I live with one! However what I have learned from him is that he doesn't snack between meals and will not eat more than his appetite. SW is about trying to get people to think about the quality of food they are eating and eating to satisfy appetite.

Out for lunch today so will post it after that - plan to have chicken and salad and syn any dressing :) having magic pancakes and fruit for breakfast - haven't made them before so hope they're nice.

Suppose another example of me wrongly calorie counting - I wasn't planning on a dinner cos I was having a big lunch :( just afraid of over eating - but all change - will forget the cals.

I wouldn't count a chicken salad as a big lunch! Make yourself something that is entirely free foods for dinner if you like but as long as you stick within your 15 syns and HEX allowance there is no need to skip meals and go to bed hungry! Enjoy your food :) the SW diet does work if you follow it properly. I would imagine that if you try skipping meals to compensate for 'big' meals then you may end up forcing your body into 'starvation mode' where it hold onto everything.

Enjoy your lunch, and your dinner too (whatever you have :) )

I posted a thread recently - Overthinking Slimming World.

Search for it as I can't link from phone.

Started my diary - all advice welcome - it's called "No More Calorie Counting - Fingers Crossed" - dont know how to post link :)

Back