Am I reading the labels right?

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by twinmummytummy, 13 October 2011 Social URL.

1. twinmummytummy

twinmummytummy New Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    2nd day of xenical....

just sat at work and had a tin of tesco beans and sausages - 4.2 fat per 100g with 2 slices of unbuttered toast.

Just about to take my tablets and realise that the tin is 420g? Do i need to take into account that I've eaten 4.2g x 4? Daren't take my tablet now incase I end up running to loo at work?

I thought I had it sussed but have just put an idea in my head that i'm really not doing this right.

Anyone got any advice? Please!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mis-behave

Mis-behave Gold Member

Start Weight:
    99.8kg
    Current Weight:
    44.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.9kg
    Lost(%):
    55.7kg(55.82%)
    Diet:
    Primal eating
    Just had a look on myfitnesspal.com iPhone app..

460 cals for tin, 11.4g fat total.. assuming large tin which is ok.. 15g fat per meal, 5g per 100g
    188 cals for 2x toast (aprox) 1.8g
    Total cals 648

4. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    Hi you read the label right, but you do need to times that 4.2gram by 4 as you're having 400g's of the beans and sausages not just 100grams...you're ok as long as everything is 5g's or under.... but you must also make sure the whole meal is under 15gram's of fat.

I would take into consideration the amount of calories in that meal though 650 cals is alot for one meal, when you think you've got 3 meals a day plus whatever snacks you have....the sausages bump it way up, regualar beans are much lower, plus maybe you should think about looking at your portions too.. :)

5. Lexie2005

Lexie2005 5:2 lover

Start Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(45.39%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    5:2
    Can't add anything that's not already been said but I will say hope it doesn't upset you, it's the sausages that will have messed it up x

6. hobnobsmummy

hobnobsmummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Agreed, Beans should be fine by themselves (although some xenical users find they cant eat them as it causes a visit from the Tango Man) but the Sausages are full of fat and not much actual meat in them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.