Am I reading the labels right?

twinmummytummy

2nd day of xenical....

just sat at work and had a tin of tesco beans and sausages - 4.2 fat per 100g with 2 slices of unbuttered toast.

Just about to take my tablets and realise that the tin is 420g? Do i need to take into account that I've eaten 4.2g x 4? Daren't take my tablet now incase I end up running to loo at work?

I thought I had it sussed but have just put an idea in my head that i'm really not doing this right.

Anyone got any advice? Please!!

Just had a look on myfitnesspal.com iPhone app..

460 cals for tin, 11.4g fat total.. assuming large tin which is ok.. 15g fat per meal, 5g per 100g
188 cals for 2x toast (aprox) 1.8g
Total cals 648

Hi you read the label right, but you do need to times that 4.2gram by 4 as you're having 400g's of the beans and sausages not just 100grams...you're ok as long as everything is 5g's or under.... but you must also make sure the whole meal is under 15gram's of fat.

I would take into consideration the amount of calories in that meal though 650 cals is alot for one meal, when you think you've got 3 meals a day plus whatever snacks you have....the sausages bump it way up, regualar beans are much lower, plus maybe you should think about looking at your portions too.. :)

Can't add anything that's not already been said but I will say hope it doesn't upset you, it's the sausages that will have messed it up x

Agreed, Beans should be fine by themselves (although some xenical users find they cant eat them as it causes a visit from the Tango Man) but the Sausages are full of fat and not much actual meat in them.

Back