Am i right to be a bit miffed?

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Saturday, Oh and i went into town to do some shopping.

I wanted to go to cabot circus and House of Fraser is there and there are plenty of resteraunts that i know i can eat in, have yummy food and still be oober good.. but OH wanted to go to park street. theres not loads there, but there a shops he likes and doesnt get to visit there. Fine i said.

So after an hour trying to park, because h refuses to pay for parking, - its a silly man thing i find..-

We finally get there, im starving and im flippin freezin, not a good combo. I stay calm when he insists on visiting a few shops before feeding me. so we start looking at resteraunts and its becoming even more apparent as i suspected, it was going to be difficult. after looking at 4 different menus we carry on shopping and i text aqa for advise LOL. (still remaining clam despite being hungry and cold)

then we go into a resteraunt that AQA has told me is suitable for EE and is low on syns on the slimming world plan.

(bollocks.. )

My frickin ass. Even if i was gunna be naughty there still wanst anything on the menu i was fussed with..
Oh insists on leaving if im not going to be happy.. not out of the kindness of his heart, out of frustration..

trying to stay calm to avoid situation getting worse i suggest waiting till we get home..

Oh blow up..

why is this such an obbsession..

when are you gunna learn that gaining a few lbs isnt a big deal..

when will you relax..

you dont understand how frustraing and awkward it is trying to find somewhere YOU can eat..

dont you just love being humiliated in public..

its not an obbsession i say..

im trying to healthy and to keep on top of my weight..

im not eating somthing i dont want to eat just to make you happy..

no joe, i may not gain all 4.5 stone back in one go but it will come back if i dont keep an eye on it..

joe why is it so hard to understand that im just trying to be good so i can let my hair down and relax over xmas..

joe, do you not think i relax ever? what the hell do you think iv been doing when i gain every now and then, do you think i gained from eating flippin salads?

:eek:

I really don't know.. he applogised after and said he just got wound up and he knows he shouldnt have yelled..

but this isnt the first time he's called it an 'obbsession'

infact once, he said infront of a waiter.. why dont you just eat proper food... because i was trying to figure out what was best on the menu, ...

i let it go but looking back i'm actually quite miffed.

Sometimes hes so understanding and supportive but it worries me that he feels differently as things like this slip out during arguements?

I think you are right to be miffed. You'd been so accomodating all day & then when you wanted support it just wasn't there.

You have done so well so far & just don't want to undo all the good work, & we all have a difficult time ahead. My weight is coming off very slowly & don't want to put any on if I can help it so I understand why you are miffed.

My OH trys to be understanding but just doesn't understand SW.

Try & put it behind you & don't get too annoyed, life is just too short. The only other thing i can suggest is next time take some low syn or syn free food with you. Not always possible I know.

My OH trys to be understanding but just doesn't understand SW.

I deffinatly have the same problem. i supose to doesnt help that hes never had a wieght problem, or anyone in his family for that matter.. and i think he assumes once youv lost it its one for ever, never to be seen again or to be thought about?

:sigh: i shall let it go and plan ahead beter next time..

xxxx

Awww honey I LOL-ed when I read that...not because the situation is funny, but the way you told it made me LOL as I can sympathise with this. My OH is always telling me I don't need to diet anymore etc and I DEFO feel the pain of the spending more money wasting fuel than the carpark costs...

I see where you're coming from 100%. Just remember that your OH might not appreciate how hard it is to maintain. He loves you and sees how well you've done and probably thinks he's being kind saying you don't need to worry so much now. But he should just say that and not shout at you! Calling it an obsession is not very nice of him - does he know it upsets you or just using the word flippantly?

I know you might have done this already, but have you explained to him that reaching T isn't the end and this is a life long committment? And that you're finally at T you won't blow it?

You've done so well and I bet he's the first to say that hun...he's just not thinking maybes?

Hope it's ok...and well done again for the loss...you're a star! x

Im not really too sure, because when he's said it in the past he know how much the word has upset me, and has acknolwedged that it isnt a healthy thing to say. Especially when it is not true,

the problem is he seems to think that i feel its the end of the world when i gain a few lbs, but since being at target iv been gaining more one week and loosing more the next week than i ever have, and because of this i feel i can relax some weeks and really let my hair down, but know that it will call for some hard work the following. so its confusing for me when he implys that i never do this, and that i am always too careful, because this is just not true.

I tried to explain that any other week, i would have just eaten it and let it go, but quite frankley, i didnt want to eat it.. and whats wrong with being a bit more carful leading up to xmas? - at the end of the day, im sure he'd have been more peed if i felt the need to avoid all festive goodies over xmas because i didnt make the effort in the run up?

ooft. he gets right on my **** sometimes!

Stoopid men.

Aww hun! Been there and had that conversation myself with the OH! It doesnt help when people dont understand it makes you feel when you have a gain after working so hard to get where you are now. At least he said he was sorry xxxx

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but I have just come back from a weekend in Bristol, and had a nightmare eating to SW plan!!

Saturday lunchtime we went to a cafe near the Premier Travel Inn we stayed in, ordered, half hour later was told cafe was closing due to lack of staffing lol. Had about an hour before the Panto was due to start (recommended, by the way!), so ended up eating on the hoof from Tesco - just crap really!

Dinner time we tried to get in the Beefeater attached to the hotel, only to find out we had to have booked. Oops. Wandered around town, EVERYWHERE heaving. Something called Christmas apparently, Grrrr. Ended up in KFC. Couldn't have been further from SW plan lol. Damn nice though :)

Brekky the next day I kicked off at the fact my 2 Weetabix was gonna cost £7.50 as it is all you can eat!! Only to find out my aunt had already paid the money. Couldn't let her waste her money could I? haha. Yum!!

Lunch we got stuck shopping for far too long, then realised we had to move the cars as we had booked out, and ended up in some pizza place. All you can eat menu again, pah! Did quite well in there I guess, only for someone to bring out a birthday cake for me. Oh good, a cake. Didn't want to seem ungrateful, and considering the other crap I had eaten already the weekend didn't see it making much difference lol so had some.

Bristol is off the hook for dinner, but got held up and ran very late on trip home, had to grab something at St Pancras. Only thing open was M&S! Not good. Not good at all.

Drawn a line under the weekend, back on plan today as if nothing had happened.

I love Bristol (even though parts of it seem to be magnets for homeless people!!), but do not receommend anyone going there while on SW haha

Totally off topic, but if you aren't happy with the answer you got back from 63336 (previously known as AQA) then email feedback @ 63336.com and tell them what you aren't happy about. You can get the cost of your text refunded and the researcher that answered can be encouraged to research more carefully. We hammered 118118 and Textperts in the Watchdog experiment so want to keep our standards up. xxxx

oo i am so sorry to hear you struggled so bad with eating ( but sounds like you had a fab time non the less. )

My fave place to eat is Coal grill and bar in cabot circus, i always have the chicken skewers with med rice & veg, it is themost gorgeous thing you will ever eat, and totally on plan.

there are lots of places to eat, but its a matter of getting there at the right timei guess..

Cabot circus is the best place to be for eating, quite a vast range,

nandos.. a potatoes place.. Coal.. giraffe..xx

I totally agree Fern! That is what I had at the Coal Grill last week (I live in Bath and work in Filton) and it was so super delicious!! The service was great in there, I grilled them (no pun intended!!) on how everything was cooked and what was the best for me to have and they were so helpful!

I totally agree Fern! That is what I had at the Coal Grill last week (I live in Bath and work in Filton) and it was so super delicious!! The service was great in there, I grilled them (no pun intended!!) on how everything was cooked and what was the best for me to have and they were so helpful!

OO hello fellow Coal fan.
Am going for my birthday in Jan, hoping to have a nice meal there and then go to cabot circus cinema in the direction lounge.

:D

To sum up - your whole shopping trip is sabotaged. First you end up going somewhere you don't want to go, then everything is delayed because of the parking nonsense (how much petrol was wasted in "saving" money on parking, then?), then there's a further delay in looking in shops, then you end up eating somewhere you can't enjoy, and then it's all your fault?

And you wonder if you are right to be "a bit miffed"? A BIT?????

To sum up - your whole shopping trip is sabotaged. First you end up going somewhere you don't want to go, then everything is delayed because of the parking nonsense (how much petrol was wasted in "saving" money on parking, then?), then there's a further delay in looking in shops, then you end up eating somewhere you can't enjoy, and then it's all your fault?

And you wonder if you are right to be "a bit miffed"? A BIT?????

:eek: Yes yes yes.

Exactly what i wanted to hear. Thank you! Thats exactly how it was.

Dont worry ladies. Iv got my own back. I spent £60 on new boots today. he can shuv his shopping trips up his ass from now on :eek:)

:D

- can i just mention also..

i lost 3lbs this week. I made sure i texted Oh straight away and told him, and he text back and said it must be from not eating out.. with a smiley face and that he was proud.

i think he gets my point!

Back