Am i the only one

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
that doesn't like christmas? This isn't a new thing for me, even as an older child i didn't like christmas. I think its different if you have children as its more about them and hopefully when we have some i'll find my christmas spirit (and hopefully not in the booze cupboard). Don't get me wrong i'm not a 'i hate christmas so everyone must' kind of person, I get sad that i don't like it and that i don't get excited like other people do, does that make sense?
Be glad when its Jan because then it'll be the year i get married :bananalove:

I had my first child when I was 18 so I have always had a child like Xmas, (if that makes sense?) My parents made Xmas really magical so I have always loved it. I try and carry that on for my girls, and their excitments makes me excited. If it was just me and my husband, then I would still like Xmas, but wouldn't be excited by it.

I worked with a lady who hated Xmas and she was a right scrooge, but I still respected that fact she didn't like Xmas so we left her alone. Don't feel bad because you havn't got the Xmas spririt. Once you have children you might do, or you may still not like it! But I bet when you see your little ones face light up at all the lights and presents, you will feel christmassy.

Our xmas is very much like SA magical.. all about the kids and when I was a kid my parents done the same for us :) Was brilliant and still is!

Paul on the other hand his family werent up for xmas and still aint really.... to get them to do anything and get all xmassy is hard work which I know is wrong but bloody annoys the life outta me! They aint got xmas trees up and Oh god I could rant about his family for hours............ so ill shut up actually b4 you all think Im evil!

Just go about ya day as you would and just think you a day closer to ya wedding and having the family you want in the future to enjoy days like that with! x

i think xmas is what you make it hon it doesn have to be about the past , you could start getting excited right now your getting married next year starting your own little family so start making your own traditions that you will get excited about. xmas day could simply be bout you and your fella spending all day on the couch but if it's a nice memory from this year you will get excited bout doing it next year. Plus whats not to like it's the one time of year when people are just that extra bit nice to each other for a change. Don't take it for granted that you wont be spending it alone or out in the cold it's a time of year to say yeah you know what i like my life i'm gonna celebrate it thats what there is to get excited bout. a couple of year ago i felt exactly the same wayy as xmas was always a bit strained with bad memories etc i won't bore you but if you start to make it something to look forwards too rather than get over it's much more fun, i hope you have a really nice one this year and it changes your mind XXXXX

I love xmas but then i have four kids so i guess i would be less excited with it was just me and other half. I can't wait to see their little faces light up when they see the prezzies and then hear them say mum look what i got lol ( even thought it was me who wrapped them all so i already know lol Sssshhhh

I can't wait to have kids and make it such a special time for them. I think most of it comes from my depression which i've had since an early age, we used to open our presents and because i was never very happy and smiley i used to get yelled at alot and i spent most of xmas day on my own in my room. From the age of 16 i spent it on my own and not bothered about it. But now i'm with OH he makes me celebrate it with his family (i won't talk about his mother it would take a while)

Ok my positive step, i am looking forward to my parents coming round and me cooking, i am looking forward to seeing his 3 year old niece opening her presents and i am looking forward to chocolate!!!!!!!! :D

thats the xmas fun hon XXX i have a big bah humbeg xmas light in my window and i am the only one with no kids so i get to be blind drunk with granny by 11 hehe

hehe that wouldn't take long, i don't drink often so a glass of wine is enough to get me trollied,
OH says the i'm a cheap date :D

i love xmas...........always have.....going to be strange this year as my dad passed away in may, and this will be my first without my mum or dad..........christmas is what u make of it....pity i always put weight on:(

i love christmas but my boss really hates it, he wont decorate the shop, give us christmas bonuses or even give us much time off. im getting 4 days off this year its a record!!! lol. i can understand why people dont like it but after buying our first house me and the OH have made our front room into a little wonderland we have all the pressies already under the tree and dress the dog up in silly santa outfits. i really wish i had kids in the family as our youngest is 15 but my friends have a 1 and 2 year old and its so exciting especially for the older one. he came round the other day and was in love with the tree and even stole some of my oranges lol

Ive been self employed for 18 years now in the motor industry. I now run a little mot station and December is the worst month of the year for our trade.
For me i use to get really depressed as friends and family would be in joyous moods ide be worrying when the next bill is to be paid. I hate not bein able to pay my way, its not too bad now with the MOT's but its still a poor month and we dont make enough to survive for a few weeks. Thats why i hate xmas, ide love to enjoy it more, but when ya skint its difficult.
So if i come across as abrupt (Space?) please dont take it to heart its just me being crumpy, im a good boy usually. Lol funny thing is ive already got the grumpy grandad name before i even have any lol.

I generally enjoy Christmas, but I find it starts earlier and earlier and I am already fed up of it ...
I refuse to allow it to ruin my diet though so I guess that is one good point :)

Ive been self employed for 18 years now in the motor industry. I now run a little mot station and December is the worst month of the year for our trade.
For me i use to get really depressed as friends and family would be in joyous moods ide be worrying when the next bill is to be paid. I hate not bein able to pay my way, its not too bad now with the MOT's but its still a poor month and we dont make enough to survive for a few weeks. Thats why i hate xmas, ide love to enjoy it more, but when ya skint its difficult.
So if i come across as abrupt (Space?) please dont take it to heart its just me being crumpy, im a good boy usually. Lol funny thing is ive already got the grumpy grandad name before i even have any lol.

I'm with you on that one, i've been not working for the last 3 christmas's due to illnesses and what not, its the worst feeling in the world when people have been really generous to you and you feel bad because you can't return the gesture

I am going to do my best not to cheat, i'm going to make some cous cous cakes and baileys mousse things, so i have sw stuff to pick at first.

Anyone got any new years resoloutions?

We run a kitchen supply and installation business and last year we were so busy we were turning work away. This year we are scraping work together. Hubby is laying floors and hanging doors, anything that comes really. Those banks have got so much to answer too!

resolutions..... to lose weight! although mine seems a selfish one i guess in comparison to mechmans x

haha how can we be thinking about resolutions already?

mine is either loose weight, exercise more something like that really

im self employed too as a tattooist i work in different places a lot and xmas is really slow for us too, we make most of our money in summer but were not even scraping minimum wage at the moment :( bummer

Back