Am I the only person who doesn't like water??!

bim88o

Shamefully I must admit that I probably don't drink any more than half a pint of water a day... and if I do, its mixed with orange squash. Extra bad of me as I live in Spain and am in the sun a lot. Everybody points out that I never drink enough.

I tend to survive on diet coke, I know it can't be healthy for me, but it has the advantage that it tends to fill me up/gas me out for a while and therefore stops me snacking.

My skinny friend is obsessed with water and says 'it flushs out the fat' I know that is technically not true in such words, but also know like everybody else that water really is very good for your body and common sense alone tells me I should deffiantly be drinking more of it, regardless of if it was to aid weight loss or not.

My main question is, just how much does it help aid your weight loss and wondered how much water a day you guys drink? And if I was to up my water in take would it matter if I was drinking it with no added sugar squash... and also is that a syn? The book says low cal squash is free, but is that classed as no added sugar squash? I live in Spain and iceland is the only place that sell squash...mercadonna, their local supermarket doesnt sell any type of squash/cordial! Only premixed stuff similar to oasis which is full of sugar!

Thanks in advance! :) xx

Drinking water rehydrated your body and does flush you through. When you don't drink enough your body hangs on to all the water it can - which sometimes leads to bloating - because it doesn't know where be next drink will come from.

So you reduce bloat by drinking lots of water and get rid of all the rubbish the body doesn't need. Apparently your body can retain up to 5lbs in water!!

Knowing all this, I still don't drink enough. I prob have about 1l per day max but drink tea/coffee etc. having no added sugar squash is fine and yes it's syn free! Better to have this then no fluid at all!!

I don't like water on it's own, I have to have it with no added sugar squash. Regardless of how it effects your weight loss, it's a good idea to cut back on the amount of fizzy drinks you have. Diet coke has so much caffine in it, which isn't good for you. There is also a lot of negative press about sweetners in diet fizzy drinks with some claiming it increases sugar cravings and causes weight gain!

I drink probably around 1-1.5l a day with a few cups of tea thrown in. Still not as much as i should drink though, and i know my body clings to water a lot if i drink less than that

I hate drinking water on its own, unless its ice cold bottled water! I find having No added sugar squash with fizzy water is really good and it doesn't taste like plain old water!

I don't drink enough water either. I normally go through a 1L bottle every 2 or 3 days :eek: I do drink peppermint tea & black coffee but also have Pepsi Max. I should drink more but if I do drink water it has to be ice cold. In fact I would happily put a bottle of water in the freezer overnight and then drink the ice as it melts.

I'm the same, I don't mind drinking water as much as long as its ice cold, and i prefer it if its in small individual bottles, straight from the bottle not a glass... I know it sounds stupid but it must be physocological!

Anyway, I have forced myself into drinking black coffee today to get more fluid in me...I'm on my 5th cup already... I don't normally drink that in a month let alone a day! Actually quite enjoying it, and I seem to be fuller... didnt fancy lunch until 3pm and thats unheard of for me! I'm normally ready for a feed at 11.30am haha xx

Back