am new -using milk as a healthy extra towards a costa latte - is my thinking correct?

boobalicious

Hiya

I love coffee. But I can't bear skimmed milk, tried one last week and couldn't even drink a quarter of it!!!!!!!:D

So was thinking - a costa coffee full fat small latte is 151 calories according to their nutritional info.

so having rummaged around the forum as HE are generally 6 syns and there are 20 calories to a syn as a rule of thumb, if I use milk as a HEA, would this make this drink approx 7.5 syns, so if it take off 6, i count it as 1.5 syns?????

Or is this too good to be true?

Also, is it ok to use tow lots of milk as a HEA as don't always want cheese - makes me feel a bit claggy!

Hi there, first of all which plan are you doing.? If you are doing red or green plans then you are allowed two HEAs, which are your cheese and milk. I measure my milk allowance into a bottle and keep that for the day. So if you dont want any other A choice except milk then you can certainly double it up, ie double your milk allowanc if this makes sense. As regards the Costa coffee, I must admit I love them too, but I enjoy the skimmed milk so its no problem to me. Have you access to syn online, if so you can look up a small Costa coffee latte online and it will give you the syns for it. |Not sure how much milk there is in one cup, but yes I suppose if there is only a small amount you could take it out of yr milk allowance. But remember if youre doing the ee plan you are only allowed one HEA and if you are having full cream milk then you may not have enough in your allowance. Sorry if I'm rambling but hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks for your reply - I am doing a combination of red and green days at the moment, as am a previous SW (er...this is the third time round but i know it works when you stick to it coz I have got down to 9 and a hlaf stone before) - but last time i did SW was only allowed 1 HEA choice you see so am getting my head round the adjustment!

Unfortunately dont have access to syns online as am going at it alone at the moment (with the support of you lovely folks) as didn't enjoy meetings when I went (my consultant was a bit rubbish) and I've recently been made redundant (which is why I've been stuffing my face with cake for the last 6 months - ha ha) so funds are a bit tight (as are my clothes).

Well done on your amazing weight loss in such a quick timescale :D

If you don't mind rough guesstimating then yes you could get away with saying its 1.5, but we don't know if they are using a full 250ml or not, therefore it might not be a full HE. Or one day they might put more milk in or more of something else so the syns would fall different.

Thanks
Managed to finally find on a serach here that a costa small latte is 5 syns - so as I onlt have one every month or so an just going to count it as a HEA!!!

I was very good and just had the costa light the other day - it's not a bad fix for anyone who wants a frothy coffee but not to risk the syns - its half coffee, half foamey milk and doesn't taste like a low fat drink !

Back