Where am I going wrong

xxgeorgiexx

Hi all

I have been following Slimming Worlds food optimising for 4 weeks now and i have lost a grand total of 3lbs, I'm not knocking this, I know a loss is a loss but in all honesty, I had expected a wee bit more :( I am doing it online and can honestly say it's a brilliant diet/eating plan but am beginning to doubt if I am following it correctly. I was wondering if someone could take a wee look at my typical day and give me any pointers where I am possibly going wrong or could do better?

My typical day is:

Breakfast: all bran (3 1/2 syns)
skimmed milk (2 syns)
Lunch: baked potato
tin tuna (in brine)
tablespoon of lighter than light mayonnaise (1/2 syn)
Dinner: syn free homemade slimming world recipe

HEA: 3 light mini babybel
HEB: 2 alpen light bars

Snack on fat free homemade yoghurt and muller light yoghurts (yeah, I like yoghurt lol!!)

I don't drink tea or coffee so there is no extra sneaky sugars or milk I haven't accounted for, so can say hand on heart this is a very typical day. Thing is, my partner is following exactly the same as me and the lucky bugger has lost 1st 1lb so you can understand why i am feeling a bit downhearted about my own loss, so any help gratefully received :)

It may be portion sizes? I know rice and pasta are free foods, but too much pasta isn't good :/

3lbs is still great though - all a step in the right direction!

Is home made yoghurt syn free? Also some members say too many yoghurts can hinder weight lost.

Men do lose it faster than women for some reason. Depends how you were both eating before.:)

I can't see any speed foods? I assume they are built in to the sw recipe for dinner but the 1/3 per meal is really helpful and a massive part of the plan.

You could have fruit with breakfast and salad with lunch or snack more on fruit or veg like carrot sticks.

I also agree with Mary the the yoghurt. Muller lights may be free but they pack 99kcal a pot. I have no idea about the home made kind so I would cut right down

Last edited:
I agree with @lickthelid , lack of speed food could definitely be a big part of it. I would add some speed fruits into your all bran in the morning, have a side salad of speed with your jacket potato and snack of fruit/veg throughout the day.

Don't worry too much though, I really struggled at the start, you just have to find what works for you and it will soon start falling off!

It's definitely a massive learning curve and you are doing well regardless!

Thanks all, you are all hero's :)

You might be on to something with the speed foods though, it's not something I have given a lot of thought to ........ time for a bit more reading methinks :eek:

Ps, I (yeah, sad I know) bought a yoghurt maker from Lakeland which is a godsend so make my own fat free yoghurt so I know exactly what goes into it, basically skimmed milk and 2 teaspoons of fat free yoghurt and cooked for 8hrs :)

Is it the easiyo ones? After reading your post I looked up the nutritional values and they all are similar to mullers. Although agree less nasties!!

It's (hopefully this works) one of the attached bad boys, I seen the easiyo ones but wasn't keen on having to use the sachets that must be used with them, the one I got you use skimmed milk and a couple of spoons of yoghurt and that's it :) and with fresh rasps or strawberries........ yum!!

Ps honest I don't work for Lakeland lol ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160822-203817.png
    Screenshot_20160822-203817.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 13
It's (hopefully this works) one of the attached bad boys, I seen the easiyo ones but wasn't keen on having to use the sachets that must be used with them, the one I got you use skimmed milk and a couple of spoons of yoghurt and that's it :) and with fresh rasps or strawberries........ yum!!

Ps honest I don't work for Lakeland lol ;)

That's very cool :) I love a kitchen gadget....must.....resist..,,,

Hiya!

Definitely agree with the speed food comments! It happened to me a few weeks ago, my weight losses were small and my consultant told me that a) I wasn't eating enough and b) I wasn't having enough speed foods.

I upped my speed foods game and tried to have 10-12 per day. I found that did the trick for me and it's not that difficult to do if you like fruit and veg as like lickthelid says, you can incorporate it into your breakfast and lunch easily, as well as dinners.

What day do you weigh-in?

Definately going to study the speed foods, dont know if its just me though but it just goes against the grain to have to eat more!! but if it means filling my plate with fruit or veg (speedy ones off course :)) am willing to give it a go.

I do my weigh in first thing on a sunday morning.

Lickthelid - You sound just like me, go on ask me who has an ice cream maker, a spiraliser, a slow cooker, vegetable choppers of all varying descriptions .............. and the list goes on lol!!

Slimming World worked for me in the past using green days. Now I do rather intensive calorie counting instead, only because it's easier for me to check I'm getting enough protein, fat and minerals, but it's basically still slimming world. I focus on fruit and veg as the *main event*, and add in protein and fats from there. If you're eating enough veg, you genuinely never feel hungry!

For example, today, I've just had a large portion of blueberries for breakfast. Lunch is a large salad with feta cheese and a (calorific) blue cheese sauce. But the raw veg in my salad come to 550g! (That's about 8 portions of veg, to be honest it's usually 400-500g, but it tends to be whatever fits in my large lunchbox!) Tea today will be a balanced ready meal with meat or fish.

I agree about it going against the grain to have to eat more, but vegetables are so low in calories that if you have those with your lunch or as a snack, and cut out the yoghurt, you'll get quicker results which really motivate you, and never feel hungry! Good luck!

Definately going to study the speed foods, dont know if its just me though but it just goes against the grain to have to eat more!! but if it means filling my plate with fruit or veg (speedy ones off course :)) am willing to give it a go.

Lickthelid - You sound just like me, go on ask me who has an ice cream maker, a spiraliser, a slow cooker, vegetable choppers of all varying descriptions .............. and the list goes on lol!!

@xxgeorgiexx this is my list to date
Spiralizer
Actifry
Nutribullet
Nicer dicer
Slow cooker
Posh grilling oven microwave
I DID have an ice cream maker but got rid of it
Recently bought brand new shiny knife block just because it looked nice
Ooh soda stream
Variety of mixers and choppers for the nuts and cakes and stuff i try not to make/eat.

God it's terrible when I write it out!! Haha

That's perfect then, as you have 5 days to try out the speed foods if you can. Even start small and try and add one or two additional speed foods to a meal. I find the easiest thing to do is to have 2-3 speed foods in the morning - maybe a raspberry and strawberry medley, with an orange as a snack at some stage. If you like salads then a salad for lunch could have another 3-4 speed foods, or an omelette for example and there is 6-7 already.

Back