American Style Pancakes!

thanks for bumping this Stacey they sound yummy im deffo going to give them a try :D xx

Oooh...interesting idea! I never thought of that! I don't see why not though the only possible complication could be that once cooked and blitzed, BNS would be waterier than sweet potato. No harm in trying it though!

You would have to experiment and maybe use less yogurt and less BNS to cut down on the liquid.

Thankyou for these - they were lovely! Had a pre pancake day practise whilst hubby was out just to try them out - made up half the amount and had with maple syrup, and topped with the leftover yoghurt and a dusting of cinnamon. We wont be having them tonight - I'm at slimming world, hubbys at a football match, and there's no way I'm getting the frying pan out at 9:30 at night - it will have to wait til tomorrow.

I posted on my facebook status I'd made pancakes out of sweet potatoes - which resulted in a lot of "eeewww!" type comments.

Dont knock it til you've tried it I say

These are surprisingly good and with a little pat of margarine & maple syrup (count the syns! Maple syrup: 1 tbsp = 2 syns) they are very passable as proper pancakes. You have to like sweet potatoes though! These would also be great with some fresh fruit on top and sweetened yogurt poured over for breakfast with a twist!

Makes 6 pancakes
2 pancakes = 1 HEX B and 1/2 syn

Ingredients:

225g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
84g oats
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp honey (optional - I tried with and without and both were good!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pot Vanilla Muller Light
2 tbsp Splenda

1) Put the sweet potato in a microwaveable bowl. Add about 2 tbsp water, cover and microwave for 5-6 mins until tender.

2) Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz. If the mixture is too thick, add a little milk or water but it should be quite thick, though pourable.

3) Heat a non stick frying pan sprayed with butter Frylight and spoon batter onto it (I used a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup to measure out the batter - this made about 6.5 pancakes). Cook for 3 mins on each side or until golden.

Bump!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back