An apology and help please *UPDATE*

perfectorchid

Below 190lbs... wohooo
:cry:Haven't posted in a couple of days as I'm really really struggling. I feel dizzy, sick, headache and finding it hard to just generally function. I don't know how I'll managed with OH goes back to work (tomorrow) we have 2 children under 2.

I just keep thinking 'Is this worth it?', why am I starving myself and making myself ill? I know I'll lose weight and I'll lose it quickly but to what detriment to my health.

I keep thinking about going back to slimming world and just doing the long haul. I don't know what to do :confused:

First of all, Well done for losing 5lbs in the first 5 days was it? A lb a day!!! I could live with that!!! What other diet is going to give you such results in such a short space of time?

Keep going. Each day it gets easier i promise. Are you drinking enough water? The lack of water usually contributes to the headache and the dizziness.

You will survive tomorrow when your OH goes back to work. Managing 2 babies is tough enough anyway without the diet (trust me, i know!) but us women always manage!!!!

If you go back to Slimming World, you will still have to have the same motivation and will power to succeed except this time, you will have to keep that will power for much longer to reach your goal and will have to be as strong to avoid over eating. At least on LT there is no worrying about what to eat and how much. Its already sorted for us!

Take a look at the Inspirational Slide show at the top of the page. I have looked at that twice in the last few days and keep imagining what i would look like in a month, two months etc.....

Your next weigh-in is Friday (looking at your mini 'goals'). Thats 5 more days away. You could have lost a STONE in two weeks. Slimming World would give you that result in 6 weeks!!!!!

Say this to yourself for the rest of the week every morning: Is being slim worth one more day of Lipotrim???
If the answer is like mine, then you WILL survive it...

Take it one day at a time.x

This diet is tough going at the start but it really does get easier! People told me that on here in my 1st few days and tbh I wasn't sure if I believed them, but it's true! Having the children will keep you busy and keep your mind off how you are feeling, thats what I find anyway, have a quiet day with them, don't feel you have to be racing all over town entertaining them!
Drinking enough water (somthing I am very bad at!) definatly makes a difference to how you feel, I know from days I ahve had enought o drink I feel so much better than the days when I don't!

You will feel better soon, try and give it a bit longer before deciding which is the best regime for you!

xx

The first fortnight is the toughest, just don't try to be wonderwoman (we leave that to Julz!) Ignore housework - it will be there when you feel up to it - and snuggle up with the children and read lots of stories and puzzles. If you don't need to do it then leave it. My children are older so demanding in a different way but I just did what I felt I could do and blow the rest.

x

Hey gurl no need to apologize!! I can fully understand that its impossible and really hard to do this diet with a small family as well.

I hate to repeat what others have said but 5lbs in 5 days is just great and ya dont have to stay on this diet forever, get to a certain target and then go back to slimming world if ya want to. I think most people do that around here anyways.
The first two weeks are the pitts once ya get through it ya will be fine.
By the way where is your diary girl?! We are with ya 100% and if ya need anyone we are always here, take care

Heya,

Keep it up.. It will get easier.. when you get back into routine when OH goes to work you can get more used to it.. It will be worth it and wont damage your health.. just take it easy re housework and leave OH to do all the tasking things.. concentrate on 2 children and things'll get better.. We have faith in you, You're doing great.. keep it up :)

The first week is always the toughest.
you are not starving yourself or making yourself ill, your body is just adapting to the change. Hard as it sounds, we have to embrace that change and view it for what is it, a change for the better.

chances are, on day 5, you are just now finally getting rid of all the remaining "toxins" in your system (leftover sugars etc) and your body is not sure of what to do having never seen this state before (or at least, not for a while!). Don't worry about it, after a good nights sleep you'll feel a world of difference.

Having things to fill your day i.e. OH at work and children will actually make it easier as you will be preoccupied all the time and not thinking about how you feel so much.

I know saying things like "dont worry about it" and "embrace the change" is difficult when you feel like crap, but it will pass, and you will be all the stronger for coming out the other side of it instead of letting it get the better of you.

You can do this, and I really hope you do :)

I felt exactly the same way. Think it was day 4 I didn't get out of bed because I felt rubbish and dizzy every time I stood up. Luckily it was a Saturday!

Stay positive, it doesn't last long and it's totally worth it when you get on those scales. You'll soon have that sense of wellbeing kick in and be so glad you stuck through it.

Keep going!

xx

Am/was on day 11. Ssorry guys but too late... I've eaten :-( I think I'm just gonna try and eat healthy. I have full admiration for those of you that can do it. x Thank you for your replies, I'll still be hanging around to keep an eye on the rest of you

Whatever is good for you hunny do it and I would still love to keep in touch with ya to see how ya get on!! Gud luck with sw hun and dont forget to call back and tell us all about it, take care

You sure you're doing the right thing? still not too late? Up to you though.. Will support you anyways.. and will be keeping an eye on photos! :)

It's not too late you have had a blip and you can start again ... i have never been able to lose weight on other diets and this diet really really works it is hard but so is exercise and saying no to just 1 biscuits i know what i prefer ,

don't think because you have eaten once it's over their is always tomorrow

good luck on what you decided to do we are behind you

hiya you need to do whats best for you this diet is very hard in the 1st week and must be doubly hard with 2 children under 2 as others have said you can restart anytime if you wish

all the best in what you decide to do

xx Sharron

Oh Perfectorchid, I am so sorry you have had a blip, but like Ollie says it is not too late.

Why not sleep on it and see how you feel in the morning? Once you get into ketosis properly you will feel so much better, perhaps it's just taking a little longer than usual.

:cry:Haven't posted in a couple of days as I'm really really struggling. I feel dizzy, sick, headache and finding it hard to just generally function. I don't know how I'll managed with OH goes back to work (tomorrow) we have 2 children under 2.

the first few days on any vlcd ARE tough....but the results are so worth it...BUT you need to WANT to do it... do you ??

I just keep thinking 'Is this worth it?', why am I starving myself and making myself ill? I know I'll lose weight and I'll lose it quickly but to what detriment to my health.

you're not starving yourself or making yourself ill on LT - it is a nutritionally complete formula food....

I keep thinking about going back to slimming world and just doing the long haul. I don't know what to do :confused:

sounds like your heart's not in LT....

hey - sorry you're not feelin too good.... a vlcd is not for everyone.... although the results are amazing, some people just can't commit to it IN THEIR HEAD....and that's where the struggle is on a vlcd - IN YOUR HEAD

yes -the first few days can be tough but once ketosis kicks in and you are not physically hungry, it becomes a battle in your head......

you need to think about what is right for YOU - only you know that....and you know that we will all be here to support you whatever you decide :)

good luck !

Debz xx

Thanks for the replies. Ok, a few hours later and an update. Went upstairs to get ready and could see in the mirror a change already. I put a shirt on and could do it up (I couldn't before). So I've kicked myself up the arse and climbed back on the wagon. Thankfully I didn't pig out or binge, so here we go again. I've also worked out why I felt so crap when previously I was doing fab. That lovely monthly visitor is due anytime! Since my baby is only 3 months I'd forgotten what it was like, oh joy. Anyway, it explains the hunger, crankiness, cravings, tirdness etc. So it's now back onto the road to ketosis. If I manage to only have a 'blip' once a month, I think I can cope. Thanks everyone for the support.

Really sorry your having this torment, I had a couple of blips over the first couple of week (on wk 3 now) and looking forward to getting back to work and routine so I can now commit fully.

You must do what ever you feel happy with you have done so well so far! good luck what you decide.

well done for jumping back on the wagon.... don't let this little blip get teh better of you TOTM is bad enough without being on a vlcd....

You can do this hun!!!!

Love Nas x

Thanks for the replies. Ok, a few hours later and an update. Went upstairs to get ready and could see in the mirror a change already. I put a shirt on and could do it up (I couldn't before). So I've kicked myself up the arse and climbed back on the wagon. Thankfully I didn't pig out or binge, so here we go again. I've also worked out why I felt so crap when previously I was doing fab. That lovely monthly visitor is due anytime! Since my baby is only 3 months I'd forgotten what it was like, oh joy. Anyway, it explains the hunger, crankiness, cravings, tirdness etc. So it's now back onto the road to ketosis. If I manage to only have a 'blip' once a month, I think I can cope. Thanks everyone for the support.

glad you're feeling better...BUT should you be doin LT if only 3 months since giving birth ?? your body has been through a lot......

CD require you to wait 4 months......

Debz x

Back