an introduction

chele80

On a mission
Thought I'd do as others have done and introduce myself.
I have been dieting on and off for 5 years now and it dawned on me last week that I have put my efforts into losing 7 stone and I am still the same weight. I put on two, lose one, add one, lose 2, and 3, lose 1 etc.etc.

So I did Lipotrim last year for my wedding which was fab and lost enough for my dress to do up (30lbs). I then went mad in December as I said to myself I would do it again in January and put on 32lbs. So I have just completed 3 weeks and lost 23lbs and have now decided CS is the way forwards.

I am so determined that 2009 will finally be the year.

I have PCOS and so have a greater risk of developing diabetes, which wouldn't be nice. We also want children and have been trying for 4 months so the weight loss will help, but it's more about doing it for me.

I am 28 and live in Sheffield with my husband (on his own low fat low calorie diet) and think minimins is FAB.

Looking forward to my new CS home.

I join the pharmacy on Friday and this week am using LT shakes and a low carb low fat meal at night. I am finding it difficult to snack as I am used to Total Food Replacement and one meal is enough to make me feel guilty. But am sure I'll get over it

Right, gone on for too long.
Good luck all!
Chele x

oo I hasten to add I didn't put 32lbs on in December alone. I put it on in September, October, November and December!

hiya and welcome to the board! hope it works for you and get those snacks down you lol its the way forward! well done for your loss so far thats fantastic!

Hi - welcome to the CS gang! The diet is good and easy to follow, however, do try and have your snacks as it keeps your metabolism up all day and keeps burning off the fat! I'm sure you'll get into the swing of it in next to no time - good luck and I look foward to hearing how you're doing x

Hi Chele, I have 7 stone to lose too and I have also recently been diagonosed with PCOS - The doctors were no help at all but this diet seems to fit the food types required to encourage weight loss - as if it isn't difficult enough to lose weight, then you go and get told that you have a condition which makes you put weight on - great! I start CS next Monday - I wish you all the luck, let us know how you get on xx :cross::welcome2:

Hi Chele and welcome to the cs board!! I too have pcos and this diet is good to help control it as it is generally low gi. I would like to offer some support on conceiving. I am a student midwife and the weight loss will definetly increase your chances. Also although having pcos decreases your fertility I managed to ahve 2 beautiful girls so hang in there, you will get there xxx

Hello Chele ;)
I too have pcos sadly :sigh: I tried 8 years for my 1st daughter 7 years infertility treatment,18 months for my 2nd daughter and 10 days for my little one lol so you see it can happen quick and yes I got pregnant everytime I lost weight :confused:

Im too like you yoyo Im 40 in October and since I was 19 I have yoyoed in the last 5 years alone I have lost and regained a grand sum of 12 1/2 stones?
Ive done Cambridge,Lighterlife WW SW RC atkins Slimmimg pills Retonal loads of others,the key to this I know now 20 years later and the heaviest Ive ever been is dont see ANY PLAN as a ''DIET'' that word makes us feel deprived....it has to be for life as after we lose the weight we cant ever eat like we did before so a life style change.
Its great here CSers are great and they always help.
Good luck for week 1 xxxx :p

Thanks all.

I think the doctors don't take PCOS seriously. I asked to go on metformin in October but they said no and for me to come back in 6 months. So I am going again in April (if I haven't conceived) when I have lost more weight and hope they'll be able to offer me something.

I am really looking forward to trying the shakes and seeing how they compare to the LT shakes (I can only drink the chocolate)

On Cambridge and LighterLife I could only drink Chocolate MS too,8 weeks thats all I lived on .
So far love all the Cs shakes havent tried a soups love strawberry and banana and vanilla I even like the Caffee Latta and I dont like coffee much ...... Dont like Choc one much which is funny hey :)
Shakes are so easy to mix,havent done Lipotrim so dont know what the sakes taste like or mix like?
I love CS, so far, as the snacks and healthy meal really keep me going after doing SS.
You'll do really well as you have before ;)

PCOS the doctors do nothing do they and we get awful symptons thats why when we eat carbs are weight ballons as we our body doesnt break down the insulin or something really really tech which Im sorry I dont know HA.
Ive 6 1/2 stone to lose after this week so will be onboard for a while xx ;)

Back