Extra Easy An irish girl's journey

Vbirdy

I call myself a girl but I probably should say woman in that I'm 47 years old! I remember my mother saying that she felt exactly the same in her 40s and she did in her 20s and in a way I suppose I do too! I don't feel old yet or even mature enough to be conducting a grown-up life!

In other ways I do feel different in my 40s. I know the menopause is looming.

I've spent the last three decades battling with my weight. At first I hated myself and warm men's clothes and big baggy jumpers. I hated the word fat and really struggled ; not going out and not being able to have a social life. I was too self-conscious and quite ashamed of the shape I was in. I went to work and then I hit in the house. Food was my friend! It was always there for me!

When I was 23 I was hit by a car, and though I wasn't injured badly, I could have been. It was a near death, life changer! Since then I have been on a journey trying to get to grips with life. I succeeded in almost every area. I have two beautiful boys, a failed marriage and a dream job. Who could ask for more? Well I have even more.....my family, friends and neighbours are amazing! They look after me and support me no matter what.

As my character grew I accepted I needed to overheat and accepted the excess weight as a side effect. I knew I couldn't stop eating! So I embraced the fat me, made a joke of it to my friends and strangers. I laughed at myself to show others I didn't care..... The truth is I really did care, I just felt powerless to do anything about it so I accepted it!,,,

The only millstone around my neck has been my weight! Thankfully I have no symptoms...in high blood pressure, no cholesterol, no diabetes even through 2pregnancies! I'm heavy and find it hard to move about. I need to be careful of chairs...that I don't break them! I can't fit in a plane seat unless I'm travelling with one of my sons and I can hang over the edge of his seat! In truth it's been 6 years since I was on a plane!

Welcome to Minimins,:)

I can see from your stats you are already doing well.
It is good you have no symptoms due to your weight. A lot of people pretend they are happy with their weight when really deep down they aren't. If we were we wouldn't be forever on diets.
Look at Dawn french for years she said she didn't have a problem being the size she was then she goes on to lose weight.Then puts some back on again.
But the difference here is your going to loss it and not put it back on.
We are all here to help you so anything you want to know just ask.:)

Welcome!

Being honest in your needs and wants is a great start.

Your stats show a great start already.

@craftermary is absolutely right. You will lose the weight and it will stay off.

The journey will have its ups and downs but always keep your end goal in clear vision.

Looking forward to see the great success of your journey.

GO YOU!

Thanks all for your support. I find it very hard to be patient.

SW is so suitable for an eater like me. I love the concept of free food. O know the plan is healthy and not too restrictive. I can still have some indulgences.

It's the first plan I've ever felt might actually work for me!

Back