an SW stew /soup from nearly bare cupboards.

fillymum

synful soul
Well today is my restart of SW. I have enjoyed eating festive food but am glad to be back in my REAL world.

Today I need to do a big, budget shop and will go with DH later.

In the meantime the cupboards are nearly bare and I am determined to kick start today.

Soooooooo this is what I have found and what I am cooking.........

I have just had yogurt with fruit and will have a 2 egg plain omelet later.

For lunch and dinner I have cooked, potatoes, onions, carrots in a little stock and blended them, added a tin of tomatoes and a jar of broad beans, Stirred in some 5 spice paste and some crushed chilli's, some salt and pepper, and I have to say it is delicious.....really yummy.

Off to make my shopping list.......... needs to be all value items.

Sounds tasty! Im thinking of stocking up on storecupboard stuff before the prices go up and am doing a list as well

Where do you get your 5 spice paste and is it still syn free? - I use the powder but am curious :)

Sounds tasty! Im thinking of stocking up on storecupboard stuff before the prices go up and am doing a list as well

Where do you get your 5 spice paste and is it still syn free? - I use the powder but am curious :)

I assume it is very low in syns and count it as 1 syn per teaspoonful. I know assumption is a dreadful thing. But I use at the most 2 teaspoonfuls so it is not going to be a mega amount. It does contain sunflower oil which is 6syns a tablespoonful.

I use the powder as well but find this has more flavour.

Ingredients; Water, Sunflower Oil, Garlic, Tomato Puree, Ginger, Fennel, Sugar, Acetic Acid, Salt, Cinnamon, Chilli, Coriander, Soy Powder, Cloves, Vegetable Bouillon, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Star Anise Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate. Contains Milk, Soy and Wheat.

The make is Bart and I buy it in our Iceland which isn't really Iceland but has a sort of franchise. Most of their grocery stuff is Waitrose.

The website is www.bartspices.com .

I have there jerk paste as well but have yet to try it.

My big budget shop today will be mostly pulses, rice pasta etc. With lots of lovely fresh veg, especially my favourite red peppers for roasting. I eat at least one everyday.

Last edited:
Just had a bowl.... it was delicious. I added a teaspoonful of concentrated unsweetened mint sauce . That have it a great flavour.

Will definitely be having some more later.

Hope you enjoy it Circes.

Hey found this for you guys

Bart Spices Ltd Chinese Five Spice Paste, 1 level tbsp 2 2 2

Brilliant Allie........thanks so much.

It really is delicious stuff and gives a tasty kick to any soup or stew.

I also marinate chicken and pork with it.
Yummy, I am sooooo hungry now.

Well today is my restart of SW. I have enjoyed eating festive food but am glad to be back in my REAL world.

Do you know, I feel like I have Come Home too?...

Eating festive food was All Well And Good but I found that my body grumbled a bit eating it! (tasted great at time though!) but I felt really satisfied yesterday after my lovely dinner of SW curry and cheesecake for dessert :)

me too, felt so well and so great. Why do we do it. It was almost the first time I had eaten off plan since last February.

Since being on SW I have not needed any stomach medication, but during the holidays when I was eating all the festive stuff I was back on it again.

Now, from the first day of SW I have not needed anything. And the bonus.......I slept so well last night apart from getting up to piddle 4 times lol !!!

Back