And so it begins again...

yummy-mummy

Lady of the Manor
Well. Welcome back, I think to myself. I find myself in this predicament once again. I started my journey back in 2009 at a rather grim 21st 4lb. I started SW in an attempt to slim down in order to improve my health and more importantly conceive. I make good progress and slowly but surely the weight melts away. Fastforward may 2011 and I find myself booking in with a midwife as I am PREGNANT!! I am secretly pleased that my booking in weight is 18st 5lb, my lowest adult weight ever. Midwife is less pleased and scolds this fat, unhealthy lump that doesn't deserve to be pregnant. January of this year I give birth to my daughter and promptly rejoin SW learning that during pregnancy I have gained 2st 5lb. I lose 12lb in 3 weeks and I begin to feel more like my old self again. Being the sensible being I am, I opt for the pill at my postnatal check and happily start popping away. And this brings us to today, a mere 11 weeks later and i've shot up from 19st 12lb to 22st 1lb. I am angry, disgusted, and upset that I've done this to myself. I am undecided as to whether I should go back to SW whether to try WW ProPoints for a while and see how I get on.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but I felt you might need to know a bit of history as i'll be here a while...

Hi yummy mummy do not be to hard on yourself you have just become a mum and congrats and hey you know you can lose the weight again and this time for you and your gorgeous baby t i would choose one thats easy for you do with having the new little bundle

good luck on your journey xx chez xx

yummy-mummy said:
Well. Welcome back, I think to myself. I find myself in this predicament once again. I started my journey back in 2009 at a rather grim 21st 4lb. I started SW in an attempt to slim down in order to improve my health and more importantly conceive. I make good progress and slowly but surely the weight melts away. Fastforward may 2011 and I find myself booking in with a midwife as I am PREGNANT!! I am secretly pleased that my booking in weight is 18st 5lb, my lowest adult weight ever. Midwife is less pleased and scolds this fat, unhealthy lump that doesn't deserve to be pregnant. January of this year I give birth to my daughter and promptly rejoin SW learning that during pregnancy I have gained 2st 5lb. I lose 12lb in 3 weeks and I begin to feel more like my old self again. Being the sensible being I am, I opt for the pill at my postnatal check and happily start popping away. And this brings us to today, a mere 11 weeks later and i've shot up from 19st 12lb to 22st 1lb. I am angry, disgusted, and upset that I've done this to myself. I am undecided as to whether I should go back to SW whether to try WW ProPoints for a while and see how I get on.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but I felt you might need to know a bit of history as i'll be here a while...

Dont be so hard on youreslf, we all know how easy it is to put weight on , and we all know how hard it is to get rid of it again !!!
Just give yourself small goals to begin with so it wont feel so daunting, and there is lots of support on here, and you can always have a good rant to us all !!!!! :)
Good luck :)

Thanks for your messages of reassurance. I've sent off for the WW starter kit so I'll see how I get on with that. My failsafe will be SW as I know it works. xxx

I can only echo what the others say. Do not be too hard on yourself, the fact you have made losses before and are doing something about it is the best thing here. Yoy have just had a baby, your hormones are going to be all over the place so its hardly any wonder not everything is reacting the way you expect it too.I think what you have done is impressive anyway. And what the others say about small goals is really relevant, I used to feel so overwhelmed at what I had to lose now I am going for each small milestone. Hope You find which plan works for you :)

I was your weight only a few weeks ago, i'm now in the 16's :)
Good luck with your journey & if you need a buddy, either on here or facebook add me! x

Hi yummy-mummy.

At least you realised that something needed to be done about it before you got any bigger. I gained just over 1 stone when I had my implant put in which really annoyed me, yet I didn't do anything about it and ended up piling on even more weight. I personally didn't have much success with WW a few years back and found SW is the one for me, everyone is different and I hope that it does work out for you. :) Like Marie said, set yourself mini goals and to aim for and it will make your overall target a whole lot less daunting. x

hi yummy mummy good luck on your journey

Good luck with the journey and well done on 3lbs loss :)

Back