and then there were two.. back on the bandwagon !

I'm going to call this my FIRST weigh in. Technically it isnt - but although I've been the perfect angel for the last 3 weeks and have'nt let my halo slip (yet) - my weight went down 7lb - managed to appear to put it back on and go back to where I started.

There is actually a few reasons for that - but starting again at a higher number doesnt really mean I've not lost weight.

1. I've upped my water intake from a paltry 1ltr a day to 3 / 4 litres a day
2. water retntion pre period
3. scales weren't reading true and I thought I was lighter than I was !!

Our bathroom floor is somewhat uneven. The scales weren't always giving me a true reading. I've taken them up stairs and gained about 4 > 5lb :cry:. That surface is level ... and I get the same reading all in a row.

From when I did this a week ago and weighed in this morning - I have actually lost 3lb from where I was at last Saturday. So - got to stay in a positive frame of mind and look forward to more losses !

Had to read your post - because of your name!! Don't try saying it after a drink or 2!!

Well done on the 3lb loss .... and good luck with your next weigh in.

Day 2

finished work fairly early. Saturdays we are meant to be open unti 12noon - but I rarely leave before 4 or 5pm. Well - for the first time in months, I was outta there before before 1pm:D Had a cup of tea at work, and a cup of tea before leaving home this morning - that was it other than the water.

Went to sainsburys for the weekly shop. I'd already downed a couple of litres of water by then. I honestly walked round without feeling hungry and came out with a healthy trolley and no junk - bar a bottle of wine and some cheese for oh.

On the way to the stables, I had a dry seeded bagel. Nothing on it at all. Been craving bread all week - but been good and avoided bread / potatoes / pasta ....so I had a dry bagel as a treat. I only bought the one at the supermarket too ! :D

Spent a couple of hours at the horses after that before going to collect oh from his work (we're car sharing at the moment as his is off the road for a rebuild).

Dinner for oh and ss was a marinated pork loin steak, chips and baked beans. I had a pork loin steak - very lean trimmed of all fat and not marinaded but hammered flat with a rolling pin and dry fryed, along with a pile of brussel sprouts and some green beans.

It's been a windy but dry day. After dinner I was itching to go out. I used to walk a lot at night and haven't in ages. So I downed a pint of water, got my fluro orange jacket on and my ipod and had a nice walk in the pitch black up to the church and back (3 miles) :D

Back and invigorated and another pint of water later - I'm off for a bath !

Beautiful, dry, bright, sunny winter's day. Absolutely GLORIOUS outside.

Went with a friend to go and visit my baby horse (she's 3 - nearly 4) how has now been away being backed to ride at a training yard. Summer has been away for three weeks now. e got there just before noon and one of the yard girls put Summer through he paces in the indoor school.

I can't believe how grown up she is now and she's looking so fine ! Walk, trot and canter - and becoming more balanced. This week she'll be hcking out and also continuing her education in the school.

Of course - I'm to heavy for her atm - she's only a baby horse and 'm a great lump. So -my main goal fo this year is to loose a hell of a lot of weight and start riding my baby horse.

Other than that - I really do need and want to increase my fitness. I'm so NOT going to be anything like that 25 stone corpse on Jamie Olivers programme !

I'm just in from having done another 3 mile late night walk up to the church yard and back. Pitch black - not a road light or car in sight. Lovely clear skies and an abundance of stars. Happened to look over m left shoulder after crossing the ford and was lucky enough to see a shooting star :)

My wish - to lose a load of weight of course !

Busy busy day. I DO love Mondays !!! Hardly get into work, look at the clock and it's time to go home.

Nice and dry again - mud hardening up and field / track aren't currently so much of a bog hole.

about 3 litres of water and a litre of tea today.

Dinner was a large salad conisting of 2 boiled eggs, some sliced olives, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, couple of ancovies, sprinkling of dressing and about 1/2 a cos lettuce. Stuffed to the gunnels after that !

Exercise - 55 mins / 3 mile walk (3rd day in a row)

After walk snack - handful of grapes and a pint of sugar free very diluted orange squash :)

You are doing fantastic!! I have a horse too so was drawn to your user name!! Keep up the good work. :)

Hi Sarah,
Just read through your posts. You sound really positive and doing so very, very well. Your 3 mile walks every day sound so peaceful and so very, very good for you.
I've promised my little one that we will go horse riding in the Spring, and I hope to be at goal then so as to not to put the poor creature through too much pain!!!

Are you following a plan Sarah, or are you just making some liufestyle changes, cutting down and exercising?

Where are you from sweetheart?

Anyhows, it's way past my bed-time here, so I'll catch up with you again soon.
Take Care

I'm in East Anglia.

I'm not actually following a plan - but I'm just trying to totally change my associations with food...

I didnt go out walking last night. Weather was EVIL. Its blooming windy and rather cold at the moment. There are no street lights at all where we are and it's out the back of beyond. I'll be out as long as the wind goes down a bit as I get a bit spooked walking out in the pitch black when it's so windy incase branches come down.

Several years ago I was knocked out by a falling branch at the stables. I was waiting on the vet coming to give a pony some injections. Instead- the vet found me flat out in the yard and had to take me to the hospital with severe concussion !

As for the diet thing. I've done this a couple of times before with great effect and did quite well last year ... .but .... I had a few serious crisises one anfter the other and without noticing went back to the old comfort eating.

This time - hopefully I'll be more aware and see it coming.

I've cut all the junk out all together. I've cut out all the bad carbs. For now - I'm totally avoiding bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and sticking to plenty of fresh fruit, veg and lean meat.

I'm taking some vit tablets, plenty of water and one meal a day. I'm NOT hungry... and thanks to the ketostix I know I'm well in Ketosis.

Last night's dinnner was chilli con carne. I minced the meat - so know exactly what was in it. There was stacks of onion, peppers, chillies, and mushrooms. Tinned tomatoes and some spices.

I had a nice big bowl of that. My oh had rice with his. I had a handfull of cherries afterwards and an orange. I was STUFFED

I am due a weigh in tomorrow - but have been "serial scale hopping" I'm afraid. I'm losing an average of 1/2lb a day :)

So weigh in a day early this week if we call it today - and I'm down another 3.5lb :jumpsupanddownlikeexcitiedtwoyearold:

Loaded with the cold - a not well snotty bunny I'm afraid ! Had a bad day Saturday and succumbed to a lovely fluffy bread sandwich. Felt really guilty all day Sunday as I'm trying to stay off bread !

No excercise this last week as I've felt so grim and I definately haven't been drinking m quota or anything like it since Friday last week.

I'm keeping to the diet apart from that though and will resume the higher fluid intake etc in a few more days when I feel a bit better and my stomach is ready to cope with it....

Not a bad day... visit to Spring Fair trade exhibition in Brum with a business collegue / friend. Walked lots and lots and lots - we reckon about 10miles - 7 hours of constant walking round exhibition halls. So the exercise front was good ! It's been a long day - up since 6am, got home at 8.15pm.

We had a light lunch at about 1.30pm. I dont usually eat lunch - so on coming home I had a big bowl of peas for dinner.

I did a ketostix test this am and it showed I was well in ketosis. Despite lunch, on doing a ketostix getting home - it still showed mid range on the test.... so I'm a very happy bunny.

We had a good talk in the car on route - and I 'fessed up to the diet etc. Actually - I feel better for it - and it's another incentive NOT to fail as I so so so want to succeed this year.... I'm not setting a final goal - I'm having lots of mini targets. What my intention is - is to make permanent life changed and when I get to a stage I'm comfortable, I'll sort out a maintenance plan.

Here's hoping the positivity stays...

WEIGH IN MORNING !!!

Despite that weekend Failure of a carb fest sandwich - healthily filled mind you... It's not affected this weeks weight loss.

4lb down this week and I'm EXSTATIC.

I dont know where it's really going from. My upper half I think.... Waist and hips are only 1/2 less in 6 weeks. I've lost exactly 1 stone in 1 month. My ticker does't show true start date... only ticker start date !

As you'll see - I haven't updated this in a few days.... or so.

I was on SUCH A high last Thursday having dropped 4lb. I was a bit bad Sunday and pigged out a bit... saying that - it was on raw carrots ... so although I was stuffed - I cant have done much harm ! I think I had 4 - maybe 5 medium carrots.;)

Well - I stood on the scales yesterday morning and I was heavier than I weighed in at last week. I was not a happy bunny last night and went to bed in tears :cry:

Other than Sunday's carrot binge - I've been on a healthy, balanced diet averaging 600 > 800 cals a day with no bread, no pasta, no rice - so cutting out the majority of carbs and fats. If I've had the need to use fats of any kind for cooking, it's been a dribble of olive oil.

I just felt so so low last night and wish to goodness I hadn't stood on those scales.:doh:

As you know, once you've done that and it bugs you - it's back to serial scale hopping :rollseyes:

I did weigh again this morning and was 2lb lighter than I was yesterday - so at least it's heading back the right way. I just don't understand why my weight fluctuates so much when I've been rigidly sticking to the diet and my only sin has been a belly fully of raw carrot :angry:

So - I'm in dread of tomorrow's weigh in. I'll be on a mega downer if I've heavier than I was last week. I mean... if 1lb of fat = 3500cals and that amount of cals is now practically my weekly intake - how the hell can my weight take a 5lb increase over about 3 days ? :ashamed:

I can live with no losing anything - but I can't cope with putting it on:cry::cry:

Well - not so bad this morning. I was expecting the worst ! My weight seems to fluctuate so much ... as is very easily seen from yesterdays post. By some miracle, I'm 5lb lighter than I was yesterday - so a 2lb loss this week... which I'm more than happy with considering.

Just to make sure it was true - I moved those scales about 8 times and tried weighing in 3 different rooms :rollseyes: so as the reading was the same everytime, I'll take it as true !

Dug the diary up from the depths. This weeks weigh-in is identical to last weeks.

Actually - I'm very pleased with that ! I've been good all week, so KNOW I'm losing and although calorie counting am still in ketosis all week too :)

It's just THAT week - and I usually find I go up 4 > 7lb for this week and then drop it very fast. So - to not put on at the time of the month when my weight with water retention goes bonkers is very very pleasing indeed !

I'm just going to look forward to losing something next week !

Couldn't wait. Knew I'd been doing "too good" - so jumped back on the scales this morning and saw a 2lb loss from yesterday. I know I know - it's not an official weigh in - but it's lowest recorded weight yet - so I've updated my ticker.

Now I'll have a permanent smile for the next few days :)

Hi Sarah,
Just caught up with your diary. I've had a mad couple of weeks, not been dieting and not been minimining!

You sound great, really positive and happy. The water retention can really play head games eh? While I haven't really been dieting, different foods with different salt levels have been playing havoc with water retention.

Good luck for the coming week!
Take Care

I'm sticking with it. I don't think I'm as postitive and happy as I sound - but if MAKE myself that way - I do start believing it myself. It's my anti-depression mechanism... and it works.

Was working until 1.30pm yesterday and then went out riding for an hour on my little palomino mare. It was quite windy, but dry and not too cold. I really really enjoyed myself - and so did she !

Today, I've been down at the field since about 11am > 4pm. THe ponies were being a real nuisance wanting cuddled when I was trying to clear out the field - so I decided to do something else until they lost their attention... Not that I don't like cuddling them - but then the jobs don't get done and Sundays are clean up day !

I pegged out three different areas that I've set aside to become a vegetable patch. The first are is 16ft x 12ft and going to be for potatoes. It has previously been a grassed area. I've got 3/4 of that dug over and compost dug through it too today. I couldn't finish it. I hurt too much !

After that - the ponies had wandered off and were having a nice little group sleep with all 5 crashed out in the field :) So - 12 full wheel barrows later it was all nicely skipped out and clean. They woke up and came back down when they saw their dinner going out and we had a cuddle or two.

Tonight - gosh - does my stomach and butt hurt. All that digging and shovelling was serious excercise ! I didn't realise it would make my butt hurt though !

I've come in and had dinner and then a good long soak in the bath to get rid of the mud. Feels nice to be clean :)

Today - I've had :

a pack of blue berries 225g
handful of cherries
3 mini chicken fillets in breadcrumb (100kcal ea) - with fresh cabbage, cauliflower and carrots - cooked all steamed. (lots of the fresh veg)
Water - but not enough (oops)
1 cup of coffee with semi skimmed milk
4 dates - small ones

that's it and I'm seriously STUFFED. :)

hey hum. Another weigh in .

Not overly impressed. I hope the scales are wrong. Well - I KNOW they are wrong. how can it weigh me X stone 9lb, get off get on again and it weight 1/2 a stone heavier .... then consistently that stone heavier .... then flip back the way jsut as quick!

The scales are driving me nuts. I cant get consistent weights. Doesnt help that the floors are uneven.... but even so - without moving them - it gives me so many different variations. The lowest weight it gave me SHOULD be right and therefore a 1lb loss this week. BUT if it is only a 1lb loss - I'm not very happy as have been good as gold all week !

Sod's law. I sure as heck know I have NOT put on 1/2 stone in 2 minutes !!

Scales - I'm going to try and forget them. Sure - I'll weigh weekly - but it's not going to be the be all and end all.

I've read about how many calories there are in Pringles and how they ignite easily. DH had some for nibble tonight. When I scrounged one, I honestly think he thought it was to eat !

Nooo - it was for setting on fire.

It's pretty shocking actually. They light easier than a piece of paper and the fat DRIPS out. Amazing. Also, it's thankfully put me off Pringles :) It smelt pretty horrid too.

My jeans have got rather big on - though in myself I haven't actually noticed a lot of difference and it can be disheartening. Well - raking in the cupboard the other day I found a pair of jeans that were new and quite a bit smaller. I decided to try them on and was absolutely amazed when they fitted ! Not tight either... I can even get them back off / on without undoing the zip or button. Amazement is an understatement.

I suppose it's made me realise HOW big the other ones are (never don't have a belt on these days) - so they're all going in the bin tonight. I've bought a pair of combats and a pair of jeans from Asda today so I'll have three pairs that fit... until I can get into the next size down.

I broke the diet slightly yesterday and went out with my DH and brother (who was down visiting) for a curry. OMG - fab. I didnt overdo it though and hadn't had anything else all day so it wasnt so bad. Back to the grindstone again now.

I've read about how many calories there are in Pringles and how they ignite easily. DH had some for nibble tonight. When I scrounged one, I honestly think he thought it was to eat !

Nooo - it was for setting on fire.

It's pretty shocking actually. They light easier than a piece of paper and the fat DRIPS out. Amazing. Also, it's thankfully put me off Pringles :) It smelt pretty horrid too.

I never knew that about pringles....your pyromania has ceratinly put me off Crisps for life anyhows......(actually do you know if Walkers Cheese and Onion do the same....;))

My jeans have got rather big on - though in myself I haven't actually noticed a lot of difference and it can be disheartening. Well - raking in the cupboard the other day I found a pair of jeans that were new and quite a bit smaller. I decided to try them on and was absolutely amazed when they fitted ! Not tight either... I can even get them back off / on without undoing the zip or button. Amazement is an understatement.

Way-hey......that is such a fantastic feeling.....it's getting a little expensive for me now though!!!! Realised that later on, when you're kinda, almost there, just a drop of 1/2 a stone puts you into the next size down (as opposed to the 2 stone that it takes at the start!)

broke the diet slightly yesterday and went out with my DH and brother (who was down visiting) for a curry. OMG - fab. I didnt overdo it though and hadn't had anything else all day so it wasnt so bad. Back to the grindstone again now.

You're doing so very, very well Sarah, keep at it!

Back