Angel getting her wings back.. (810 PLAN)

Evening everyone... :wavey:

well im new to minimins and the cambridge forum :sign0144:

have been lurking around for a while reading all your incredible posts and the kind words of help and encouragement u give to each other. :) its lovely!!

so a bit about me..
well ive been around the diet block a few times (a lot actually!) having tried every diet under the sun including a previous attempt at CD about a year ago. i managed a stone off and then fell off the wagon. :break_diet:
have had a few failed attempts at ww and sw mainly because i find it hard to control my portions. I'm not ashamed to say i have a pretty bad problem with binge eating. i can be soo greedy sometimes that i leave myself feeling sick, bloated and horrible and then i eat more because im so disgusted with myself. its such a vicious circle.
i really need to work on this awful relationship i have with food once and for all.
so i went to see my CDC today and after having a good long talk with her i have decided to give CD a try again and going to do 810. after my previous failed attempts at SS/SS+ we came to the conclusion that i seem to stick to it better when i can have that one meal a day.
my mum is also starting CD and she is going to be on the 1000plan due to medication. i am hoping that seeing as we are doing it together it will be a good incentive and we can keep each other going during the tougher times. :D:D
my starting weight is 13st 7lbs. my goal weight is 10st so i have 3 and 1/2 stone exactly to lose. my goal date is xmas this year. id like to think this is more than doable and will hopefully be maintaining from early december.

my other aim over the next few months is to re-estalish this horrible relationship with food that i have so as when i do hopefully reach goal i wont go back to my old habits. so i have armed myself with...

1. ''100 Days of Weight Loss'' by Linda Spangle. this will hopefully help me get through the next few months and keep me on track by completing the daily tasks etc.

2. ''the Beck Diet Solution'' by Judith Beck. this is a form of CBT to train you to think like a thin person and stop binges and overeating so i will read this in great detail and hopefully put it to good use when it comes to maintaining.

So thats it really. i am going to post in this diary as much as possible. i have the iphone app which is great so i can come on here any time.
im looking forward to getting to know u all and sharing our weightloss journeys. and thanks for reading my post :):)

Angel xx

Hiya! I'm about to move onto 810 for the next month - I'm coming to the end of my journey, so I'm using it to get from about 11st 10 to under 11st which is almost my healthy weight so we can compare notes on 810 techniques!

I was also a binge eater myself. I've been doing a lot of reading on metabolic typing and looking to use that when I go back to real food.

Tall fat and greedy said:
Good luck , you have all the tools! Keep posting..

Thank you TFandG :) I intend to post very regularly and yes I hope my 'tools' will help me a lot x

Cerulean said:
Hiya! I'm about to move onto 810 for the next month - I'm coming to the end of my journey, so I'm using it to get from about 11st 10 to under 11st which is almost my healthy weight so we can compare notes on 810 techniques!

I was also a binge eater myself. I've been doing a lot of reading on metabolic typing and looking to use that when I go back to real food.

Hi cerulean. I had a wee peek at ur diary and ur weightless is fab. Well done so far. Can I ask....what is metabolic typing.?? X

Hey everyone
Well day 1 going well. Had a+c porridge for brekkie and am trying out the new mango shake now. It's lovely. 1 litre of water down. 2 to go lol. Think I'll mKe a mushroom and broccoli omelette for dinner and try and make a chocolate MAM for dessert.!!! Mmmm... :)
Hope everyone else is having a good day xx

Skinny - it's The Metabolic Typing Diet by William Wolcott...really interesting but it's quite complicated to explain. Some of us convert the energy from carbs far too quickly and don't use the energy when it is available so we convert sugar to bodyfat...those types of people need to eat lots of protein and good fats...

Cerulean said:
Skinny - it's The Metabolic Typing Diet by William Wolcott...really interesting but it's quite complicated to explain. Some of us convert the energy from carbs far too quickly and don't use the energy when it is available so we convert sugar to bodyfat...those types of people need to eat lots of protein and good fats...

Thank you I must google it and have a read of it. :)

Morning all.

Well it's actually day 1 again for me today. I wasn't bad and didn't binge or anything. I live on my own and had some fruit and yoghurts etc in the fridge that were going to go to waste so I used them up yesterday. So I'm not in any way disappointed or feel guilty as it was good healthy food that I ate instead of the usual rubbish :)

So as I said today is strictly speaking day 1 for me again. Me and mum go to get weighed next tues nite anyway instead of Monday as CDC away so we will still have a full week completed.
Had my first shake this morning and glugging my water so it's all good. I am def going to make a nice omelette for dinner tonight and try to make a MAM for dessert.

Hope y'all havin a good day :) xx

Hi Angel! Welcome to your new life lol.

First bit of advice - don't 'use up' anything not on your plan. Hard as it may be to chuck perfectly good food, bin it. This is so hard for us as compulsive overeaters/binge eaters but it has to be done if you are to give yourself a really good chance of succeeding on this amazing but strict diet.

Second bit of advice - if you absolutely must eat, you are between a rock and hard place and just about to surrender - eat protein ONLY. No carby food of any kind. Lean chicken, white fish, whatever so long as it is lean protein. That way you will do hardly any damage and you won't knock yourself out of ketosis. Without ketosis I doubt anyone could do such a simple but demanding diet.

Third bit of advice - if you do cheat, stop as quickly as you possibly can. Draw a line under it because after all you cannot change it, it is done and you don't want daft and harmful guilt to lead to a whole evening or weekend of bingeing.

I am a binge eater too. I conquer it most of the time on vegetarian Atkins because that is very low carb and the ketosis takes away my cravings. I did CD in the past and found it very hard indeed but the results were fab.

Good luck hun and stick with it x

girlygirl1 said:
Hi Angel! Welcome to your new life lol.

First bit of advice - don't 'use up' anything not on your plan. Hard as it may be to chuck perfectly good food, bin it. This is so hard for us as compulsive overeaters/binge eaters but it has to be done if you are to give yourself a really good chance of succeeding on this amazing but strict diet.

Second bit of advice - if you absolutely must eat, you are between a rock and hard place and just about to surrender - eat protein ONLY. No carby food of any kind. Lean chicken, white fish, whatever so long as it is lean protein. That way you will do hardly any damage and you won't knock yourself out of ketosis. Without ketosis I doubt anyone could do such a simple but demanding diet.

Third bit of advice - if you do cheat, stop as quickly as you possibly can. Draw a line under it because after all you cannot change it, it is done and you don't want daft and harmful guilt to lead to a whole evening or weekend of bingeing.

I am a binge eater too. I conquer it most of the time on vegetarian Atkins because that is very low carb and the ketosis takes away my cravings. I did CD in the past and found it very hard indeed but the results were fab.

Good luck hun and stick with it x

Thanks girlygirl I'm actually doing 810 so I do need to eat every day but I know my limits. And yes, I know that u shouldn't keep food in the house that u don't need and if it had been crisps or chocolate i'd have probably binned it but to be honest, the price of food is so expensive I couldn't justify throwing out a few perfectly good healthy bananas and a couuple of mullerlights. The food we waste is a disgrace especially when u see the news every night in places like Somalia. So I am NOT going to throw out some healthy food that I am lucky enough to be blessed with in this world.
And as I said before, it was just one day to use it up an im sure my total kcals would have still been around 1000 as I only had 3 shakes and then what I mentioned above. As I live on my own there isn't going to be any temptations in the cupboard so I think I'm pretty safe. :)

Oh and just one other thing....seeing as I'm on 810 plan I'm not in ketosis anyway so I can't be 'knocked out' and will be doing this diet without ketosis..!! :)

Back