Angie is going to lose 1,2,3,4,5 stone!

angie-bum

Gold Member
I have been low carbing or doing soups/shakes this week from my old stock, but only got my new sns box today. As the title says I'm here to lose 5 stone.

unfortunately I am a veteran of this and other vlc diets. I did Cambridge 10 years ago but faffed about and only lost about 18lbs. Then wind forwards another couple of years and I found myself on minimins and saw the inspiration photo album that used to be on the top of the page and saw several people who looked a bit like me losing many stones. So I really had a good go at it, I lost 3 stone really fast and then the next 2 stone in drips and drabs losing 5 stone in just over 5 months. I still wanted to lose another stone, but fell pregnant with my gorgeous girl, who is now five and a half. I also lost 2.5 stone with sns 3 years ago. I know these diets work. I'm a carb addict, some how I'm going to have to work out a long term strategy about this. But in the mean time, I'm going to lose this as fast as I can. I'm aiming for 14 stone or under by the end of August. Then my next goal would be 12 stone by early November. I am hoping that coming on here I remember the way, but also to keep myself accountable. Being size 22 is miserable.

I was 11.7-12.7 all through my 20s which is a size 12/14 on my frame. I know if I stick to this the weight falls off. I have my new box of stuff and I'm not mucking around anymore. It's going to be 3 sns products with meat and veg saved for the evening.

I know the pitfalls. I always underestimate how long it takes
i underestimate how easy it is to fall off the wagon when I've lost some and I'm not so motivated by the horror of being big. I underestimate how much stress effects what I want to eat and how I struggle at social gatherings when food is on offer.

but I have a choice. I know cheating slows things down so much you wonder why you bother. So no cheating, just putting one foot in front of the other, within weeks I will be smaller, within months I will recognise myself again

i will do this!

I have been low carbing or doing soups/shakes this week from my old stock, but only got my new sns box today. As the title says I'm here to lose 5 stone.

unfortunately I am a veteran of this and other vlc diets. I did Cambridge 10 years ago but faffed about and only lost about 18lbs. Then wind forwards another couple of years and I found myself on minimins and saw the inspiration photo album that used to be on the top of the page and saw several people who looked a bit like me losing many stones. So I really had a good go at it, I lost 3 stone really fast and then the next 2 stone in drips and drabs losing 5 stone in just over 5 months. I still wanted to lose another stone, but fell pregnant with my gorgeous girl, who is now five and a half. I also lost 2.5 stone with sns 3 years ago. I know these diets work. I'm a carb addict, some how I'm going to have to work out a long term strategy about this. But in the mean time, I'm going to lose this as fast as I can. I'm aiming for 14 stone or under by the end of August. Then my next goal would be 12 stone by early November. I am hoping that coming on here I remember the way, but also to keep myself accountable. Being size 22 is miserable.

I was 11.7-12.7 all through my 20s which is a size 12/14 on my frame. I know if I stick to this the weight falls off. I have my new box of stuff and I'm not mucking around anymore. It's going to be 3 sns products with meat and veg saved for the evening.

I know the pitfalls. I always underestimate how long it takes
i underestimate how easy it is to fall off the wagon when I've lost some and I'm not so motivated by the horror of being big. I underestimate how much stress effects what I want to eat and how I struggle at social gatherings when food is on offer.

but I have a choice. I know cheating slows things down so much you wonder why you bother. So no cheating, just putting one foot in front of the other, within weeks I will be smaller, within months I will recognise myself again

i will do this!

Hi angie-bum, I think most of us are VLCD veterans on here! But as you have so beautifully written you & us I'm sure, know our pitfalls, it's all about being strong enough to avoid them! Lots of luck :)

Thank you! I'm so glad I've written on mini mins b4, it captured my thoughts and reminds me it can be done. It also gives me a map, warnings about where I could fall off the wagon, well where there maybe diversions and to just cling on to the wagon! Ketosis is my friend and I'm firmly in the zone. The first rule of a Vlcd is to protect yr ketosis! It's the quiet magic working in the background, what allows me to pass on carbs so I don't get on the hunger roller coaster. It means never feeling really full for months on end, but it frees you from being driven to eat. As it is I'm pleasantly surprised, I have tried the choc and the toffee shakes today for the first time and found them yummy. Hooray, I can do this!

Hmmm, I'd say I'm not keen on the muesli-like bars, made me want everything in the cupboards! Luckily I stopped at some chicken, but they've made me feel v hungry. Glad I only bought one as a sample. In other good news I ate a choc Orange bar yesterday and found them lovely and they don't make me feel hungry.
living and learning

So what have I seen with my half a stone loss? The part of my belly under my boobs, around the rib area has shrunk, lower belly fat the same. Slight weight loss off shoulders/collarbones. Weight loss under the eyes! Still very jowly.
not enough change to say appearance has changed, but enough for me to see the weight train is going in the right direction. I'm going to low carb it over the holiday week and do shakes when I can. I am still hoping for a 2-3lb loss none the less

Hum, then mini mins fell off the radar for a bit and me with it.

Anyway back to it today 6th Jan 2016
Am about 17.5 want to be 14 stone as quickly as poss, so I can look somewhat like my old self but no so much that I startle myself and others!
Not looking too far ahead as I spook myself, or get complacent, but I think I could be there in 10 weeks.
Weekends are always s bit difficult for me, but I will have to hold on with diet ginger beer and diet cream soda & just ask hubby and girly, not to eat rubbish in front of me, may have to cook up some quorn or chicken to snack on and a flask of bouillon. Now that's an idea without any draw backs

Welcome back on the wagon.

Yep, I'm in charge of where this wagon goes now! I am on my exercise bike to do 20 mins.
Then today I am only having packets. The weight loss has slowed down, but I remember this, more likely to have a whoosh in the next 2 weeks. I am 16.5 this week, that means I've lost my first stone....whooppee, like it says in my signature, I'm giving myself credit for every pound lost. So 14 pound has left, only another 70+ to go!
Now the hard work starts...when the losses slow down and you keep doing it anyway.
I've lost some off my face and neck, still not lost a lot off my belly, maybe I have to lose the next stone to see that.
Anyway, plodding on down the road!

.....or maybe I have lost it, but can't tell because I never acknowledged I got that big again!

But I'm sitting on the exercise bike typing this, so I will get my 20 minutes done today.

I also look a bit thinner in the face & my shoulders. My stomach still looks very fat. I'm bored at how long it's taking. Even though it's only been 3 weeks, so many more to go.

It's rediculous, when I'm not on a diet I don't think at all about food or what I look like at all, now I'm thinking about it all the time.
It's because I'm not at work. Am kind of glad that I'm at work for 2 months straight full time hrs, makes this diet so much easier

Back