Anglouwoo's Journey from fat to fit!

anglouwoo

Day T-1 and counting!!!

I start my journey tomorrow and I am so nervous about it! I lost a lot of weight on Lipotrim nearly 4 years ago now, but didn't keep my eye on the ball, slipped back into some horrendous habits and it is all back with hefty interest too!

I am choosing Slim & Save for what will hopefully be my final VLCD journey as it seems much kinder than Lipotrim, not to mention cheaper too.

I chose Sunday as my weigh in day so that I can have time in the morning to weigh myself, get measured and possibly take pics too. I am a daily weigher anyway, but don't always have time to measure etc.

I am dreading my first weigh in tomorrow as it will be the first time I have jumped on the scales for months. I know it will at best begin with a 19, but in reality will probably begin with a 20! How did I ever get to this stage!?

I have also joined the facebook group too for extra support - something tells me I'm going to need it, lol.

Hi anglouwoo, I'm on day 2 now and yeah it's tough but I feel a lot better than last week when I was sat on the sofa stuffing my face with a sinking feeling of guilt! Good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes well, just remember it's the first 4-7 days that are awful, after that it gets so much easier.

Good luck.
I started today and so far it is going well.

Thanks for the replies Alison and fitforafb - it makes it so much better to know I am not alone doing this.

Well it's officially Day 1, and my worst fears were realised this morning - I was over 20 stone :(

I took lots of photos this morning, measured and weighed and this will be my Sunday morning routine every week now for the next few months at least.
My weights & measures are:

Weight: 20 stone 1.5lb
Bust: 47.75 inches
Waist: 44 inches
Hips: 58 inches
BMI: 46.8! :eek:

I did take tons of other measurements too, but won't bore anybody with the details. Maybe when I am at goal I might list them all as a before and after, but that won't be for a while by the looks of things.

My Slim & Save delivery doesn't actually come until tomorrow, but I had a few Lipotrim packs that I really should finish (they cost enough!) whilst I am waiting and it also means I can get started today. I am looking forward to the delivery though - I am already missing chewing!

I have also bought some ketostix and have paracetamol at the ready for the headaches. I do have a faint one at the moment, so I might try and nip that in the bud now.

Oh well, onwards and downwards so they say. I will try and check in now as often as possible.

Ang x

Hi Ang

I am in a similar situation to you and will be here to motivate you.

I find the measurements really helpful.

Keep up the good work and focus on how you will feel at this time next week.

Hi Anglouwoo, you should be into the next stone quite quickly then! I've found the salt in a hot boullion drink has stopped my headaches. What packs have you gone for?

Ooh, can we have a Bovril type drink then? Didn't know that. How many a day are we allowed?

I have gone for the Simplicity at the moment and have ordered the Taster pack with 28 mixed packs so it will be a surprise for me when it arrives, haha. I have also ordered the water flavourings too. I got three of them as they had a deal on to buy 2 and get one free, so I have gone for the orange, the mixed fruit and the white wine one.

This is all new to me - in 2012 I managed to last 22 weeks on Lipotrim which is unbelievably strict, so a VLCD diet which allows Pepsi Max (I realise in moderation), milk in your tea/coffee and a veg allowance is all alien to me, but I am excited about the prospect and seeing the results.

I liked the porridge and oatmeal, the chilli, spaghetti, curry and cottage pie and most of the bars. I could only drink the orange but after one tub I never bought it again and now I drink sparkling water and coke zero.

You can have boullion it's in the meal planner just fit it into your cals and carbs..it's under marigold.

I think it's not as strict as other diets but that's because I don't think they need to be that strict with the calorie deficit and keto aspect. I upped my cals to 800 towards the end of my first stint and still lost 2 lbs a week. The only reason I stopped was due to illness and that wasn't related to the diet.

How has it gone today for you Ang?

Back