Annaphylactic's LL Diary

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Well, it's not the first time I have done the 'first day on Lighter Life', but hopefully it's the last! Was ok - had a few ridiculously hungry/cravy moments - but got through them with the help of a bottle of bleach and a J-cloth. (Gawd bless housework!)

The first time round I told EVERYONE what I was doing - using it as my way to not cheat... added pressure etc. This time, I have told no one apart from two friends - there to back me up if people start pushing me to drink alcohol etc. I know it's technically easier for me to give up this way, but I don't WANT to. I want to get to goal, and I want to see what people's reactions are when they don't know that I am actually dieting - will they notice and say anything if they don't know they are supposed to etc...? Just a bit of fun on my part, I love 'people' and how they act in different situations.

I am also a bit worried about being judged harshly. I mean, to most of my friends I am just a normal size 14, curvy girl - hardly in need of the extremity of LL... but they don't realise it's a bigger battle that started last September. When I was big people were pleased for me, where as now they may think it's a bit much and an irresponsible way to lose weight... as would I, if some 'normal' looking person announced they were going to do LL.

Oh, I don't know what I mean. Makes sense in my head!

So - anyway - that's me... day one down - probably about sixty or so to go - yikes... not going to think about that kind of nastiness! Hehe.

Off to stay with my sister tomorrow (day 2&3... good move, or bad move... only time will tell!) - so that will be nice. I have a new baby niece that is only a couple of weeks old, so I will be able to thoroughly spoil her. Look how beautiful she is!! (Pics below).

Right then you lot - bed time for me. Trying to champion through A Fish Called Wanda (great film), but really need some shut eye to distract me from my rumbling tummy!!

Anna xx

Attachments

• Romy[1].jpg
    Romy[1].jpg
    137 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_1804.jpg
    100_1804.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 33
well done on your first day anna
you neice looks lovely - i have a new neice too, evie ,born 30 june - shes so cute!
60 days will fly by
daisy x

well here iam day 4 was two months finished rtm and went a bit crazy put on a stone and a half and finding people are not happy with me going back on because they dont see the difference but i know i can feel it in my clothes we are the same height and prob about the same weight so i know where your coming from but we can do it

Daisy - Romy's big sister, my eldest niece, is called Evie - small world :) Congrats to you on your auntiedom! x

Rachel - hell yeah - we're going to do it WITH BELLS ON! Show all those nonbelievers who is in control :p Nice meeting you x

Day Two... arghhh!

On my second 2nd day, and really struggling! I spent all of yesterday at home, cleaning and things, and today I have come down to Reading to visit my sister and nieces. I really thought that the distraction of being away and seeing people would stop me thinking about food etc, but actually it's so much worse!! A true challenge. At home I would simply have curled up in bed if it got really bad, sat at watched TV, gone swimming or something - here I am being sociable and hence forth being surrounded by the family eating snacks etc.

I love them all, and am so pleased to see them - but I am starting to wonder whether coming to stay on day two was such a good idea! I feel I have zero energy, so have just had to opt out of a dog walk down the river - I need to 'do' something, arghh!

Anyway - moan over. I am pleased I'm back on it, and that I am going to finally kick this excess weight into touch - I just want to hurry up and get into ketosis so I can stop feeling so sick and hungry all the time.

Quick question for you lot too... the porridge. This was introduced just after I stopped, so I'm yet to try it. I have brought a sachet with me and was thinking of having it for dinner/breakfast.

:confused: First question - what's the best way to make it? I only have my shaker so can't blend it... does it go lumpy?

:confused: Second question - is it like the bars, in that you aren't meant to have it for the first 3-4 days?

Thanks you lot! :)

Hope you are all having a good Thursday xx

:p

hi
think you can have it straight away.
i mix mine with a tiny bit of water then just add a bit at a time til i get the right consistency. zap in microwave for about a min

or do same, but cook in pan for about 3 mins

tastes diff both ways. when i was abstinence always did in pan as it seemed like real food and i enjoyed going through the motions of 'cooking' - now on RTM i zap it, as it is quicker.

daisy x

daisy x

In my experience the porridge is always lumpy, but in a good porridgey way not a urgh-lumpy-shake way.

I just put hot water from the kettle onto mine, stir and eat, don't fuss about with a pan or microwave! :p

Hiya, just a bit of porridge advice ... I add the boiling water slowly and mash the porridge as I put it in bit by bit to the right consistency ... then zap for a minute. It's smooth and creamy. Another tip, don't leave it sitting too long after cooking because it changes from creamy to gluey paste.

Day Three

Eurghhh - not a fan of the porridge! Was so excited about it - even licked the spoon when mixing it and got VERY excited - but when it came to eat it, I was gagging with every mouthful. Tastes exactly like porridge?? Pah - no way! :sigh:

In fairness, I mixed it with boiling water, then microwaved it - it was more 'porridgey' in texture but when I came to eat it, it was very gloopy, had a powdery taste on my tongue - not to mention the nasty after taste. Yuck!

I will try it again one day - make it wetter... see if it improves.

ANYWAY - so the last day hasn't been the easiest. My niece is still so tiny that we couldn't really go out anywhere - which was fine actually because I was shattered, but it meant I had nothing to take my mind off food. Last night they ate an Indian takeaway which smelt incredible - and this morning I woke up to the smells of a cooked breakfast. Hid under the duvet until about 11am!!

So - the hunger is still very much there. I read through my old blog (Anna's Lighter Life Journey!) and discovered that I started feeling good, last time, on the fifth day... hopefully I can beat that this time... bored of the tummy rumbles and gulpy throat.

I'm still rubbish on getting the water down me... not managing much each day - not even a litre. ****! Will get better on that score.. will, will, will!

Exercise wise, I'm going to choff down another shake in a minute and go down to the gym and see how I get on... feel like I have zero energy though... in fact, I might stick to swimming only until I kick in to ketosis... not sure my gym programme will go well on this weakness.

Hope you're all good x x x

In the interest of honesty, I had a slip up last night. Was so angry at myself and cried myself to sleep. Woken up with renewed vigour this morning but incredibly disappointed in myself. Gotta hold on to this feeling and not do it again! What's the point?!

Had a great day today so far. Had a renewed sense of vigour about doing this. Went to the gym and even managed my work out on just my breakfast shake, which I am very pleased about as hopefully I will be able to maintain my fitness throughout. I have cut my 'programme' back to get rid of the major cardio sections - but if I can keep toning and things I will be happy :)

Off out tonight so just leaping into the bath, choc shake in left hand, latest LL magazine in right. Hope you're all having a great weekend :)

Anna xx

hope you had a great night out im still going to had a pop in on fri and 8 and a half off since mon

Yup, still going - had a wobble on Friday night, but it wasn't too disasterous and I was back on it yesterday feeling really optimistic.

Wow - your loss so far is incredible!! My scales are showing about four off so far, but I was expecting a big loss last time too and my scales were out of whack. To be honest, I'd be happy with three or more by Tuesday... still keeps to the stone a month idea.

We're going to do it this time!!! :) How much are you hoping to lose?

A x

Hi Anna -you can finish this this once and for all. You're doing so so well

I went on the Diet Chef, Nerris and India etc route but have come back to old faithful - CD :rolleyes:

We can and will do this :D

xx

Hey Toots - yep, this is it! No more messing around! Looks like we followed the same route exactly!! I did Diet Chef and started Pig to Twig... gave up on everything and just tried to manage on my own with gym and things... was ok - was staying about the same, but nothing coming off... started Slimming World a couple of weeks ago, but lost 1lb in the first week and I realised I couldn't stick it out for a year to lost a couple of stone, so came back to my own old faithful, with a view to using the Slimming World 'food optimising' principles when I finish RTM (if I struggle).
x

:D Yup - very similar journey by the looks of it. Even down to the gym visits and the fact that I plan to use WW to maintain if needed!!

xx

Day Five

Morning (oops, afternoon in fact!) everyone -

Hope you all had a good Saturday night. I went out with my buddies into town. Was nice, but got really hungry and had to call it a night by about 1am to come home and have shake number four.

Ended up spending the night with a good friend/ex/playmate (!), which was nice. Nothing like a bit of excitement to give you a bit of willpower (not to mention exercise!).

Today I am feeling good - starving at the moment, but waiting for my hot banana to cool down a bit. My tummy is growling at me, and I've gone all acidic - not sure if I'm ketosis yet - yesterday I thought I was as I didn't feel hungry and had loads of energy, but today I'm not so sure. We'll see. I will be by my WI on Tues night so that's all that matters!

My scales are going the right way too... I just did a quick check and they said 11.13, which is five off since last Tues. Who knows. I am not going to put all my hope in a big loss, as I did that in the past and it didn't do me any good. I just like looking as a boost - but not going to get hung up on it. Weight really does change from day to day (and hour to hour!), so I don't really mind what her scales say at 8pm on Tues night... as long as they are less and not more, who cares! I would be chuffed with a 3lb loss though :)

Ermmm... nothing much else to report. Was a bit fed up on Friday night - partly from the slip up, but also (and most likely connected) because I was the only person in my circle of friends that wasn't invited out for a friend's birthday thing... so I was sat at home on my own, knowing that all my friends were out together - felt so left out and lonely, was awful. Head is back in reality now though - not worth getting sad about - I don't need constant attention and acceptance to feel worthy and happy - I am doing this for me, and that's it!! :p

Have a good Sunday everyone! x

:D Yup - very similar journey by the looks of it. Even down to the gym visits and the fact that I plan to use WW to maintain if needed!!

Hehe! Well, you've got to do it this time, otherwise - by the looks of it - I won't either!

Come on - I'll do it for you, and you do it for me! :p:p:p

x

Hehe! Well, you've got to do it this time, otherwise - by the looks of it - I won't either!

Come on - I'll do it for you, and you do it for me! :p:p:p

x

You have yourself a deal there!! :D I am so much less likely to let someone else down than myself so I really have no choice but to do this now :p

xx

Back