annoyed :(

Cassiexox

Well, last month i got a period for the first time in around 5 years, been following slimmingworld lost 2 stone.....so thought yessss iv got my periods been 5 weeks now since it and no sign of it starting again :(

anyone else like this???

I have maybe 3 periods a year. I have just lost 2 stones, have another 3.5 to lose to get to target. I had a period 3 weeks ago, so I am waiting with bated breath to see if I get another as we are ttc and waiting for fertility referral!

yep thats the same as me, i have a appointment up at the infertelity clinic at end of month , but i need to loose 9 stone before they can help me :( dont know why they still want me to go up though grrrr xxx

My GP tells me that weight is no barrier to having Clomid, but that it does work better if your bmi is under 30 (mine isn't!), so maybe they want to look at giving you Clomid?

Keep at it, this is just the start of your body undoing the chemical damage form the hormone imbalance. I was having maybe one period a year until now I've had the last 4 in a row regular like clockwork and I started losing weight in November.

Don't lose sight of the positive change you have made and how far you have come 2 stone is amazing :)

My periods/cycles are very irregular and seem to have one every month and a half so there is still time, well done on losing 2 stone and all the best with TTC!

thanks girls, i love this site and reading all the stories it really does keep me going, speaking to my friends etc they dont really know what im talking about most times, but everyone on here does, So glad i decided to join xx

my periods was the same a bit hit and miss . we had been ttc for 8 years so i was referred to the fertility clinic where they put on a one off pill to get my periods started then i started on clomid and metformin in jan 10 i also started sw around the same time i lost about two stone i had a scan on the 12 th day of my cycle to make sure i was ovulating , even if your periods are regular it doesnt mean your ovulating and then a blood test on day 21 to make sure my hormone levels were ok . the first cycle of clomid didnt work i was heartbroken i told my hubby if the second cycle didnt work i was going to give it up but the second cycle worked and now im the proud mummy of 9mnt old beautiful boy all i can say is dont give up and cont with the hard work with sw cos the reward is well worth it x if you need any help or advice when they put you on clomid then im here x good luck hun x

View attachment 61802

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120901_111815.png
    ForumRunner_20120901_111815.png
    477.3 KB · Views: 50
thanks girls, my appointment has been moved to middle of october, so im going for it to loose another stone - stone half ... so they can see how determined i am, My partner is my rock he supports me all the way, he is slim but still eats what im eating etc, just keep reading all these sucess stories and keep thinking one day il be telling mine !! xxx sarah ur wee boy is gorgeous!! xxx

I dont have any periods at all unless im takin bc which i am currently not as ttc but anyway i have been given 1500 mg metformin to take daily i have been on then 3 months now had a short period last month but dont believe i had ovulated as had no symptons whatsoever i have a follow up with gyne on tuesday do u guys think i shall ask for clomid?

you could ask he might suggests it i took metformin with clomid and it worked for me ask him about scans to see if your ovulating and 21 day blood test to check your hormone levels see if they are available to you some hospitals do and some dont due to funding im at oldham hospital in manchester and they test x good luck let me know howyou get on x

Back