Annoying things

Tange

Silver Member
Why am I blessed to be sitting opposite someone who eats like a pig! You can hear every mouthful, and when someone speaks to him he will wait to put food in his mouth before replying eeeew!!!! It gets so bad that I often get up and walk away.:(

I said to him the other day "it sounds like you are enjoying that" and guess what it went right over his head!!!!!
As you say some people have never learned manners.

my father-in-law is like that. My husband and I won't eat near him if we can help it cos it puts us off our dinner (maybe I should have eaten with him more often then lol!!). It really is awful :mad:

I'm REALLY funny about food noises! I often tell people off for chewing gum loudly, and I can't sit near my friend when she eats cereal because I can hear it. Hubby not allowed to eat anything with a spoon by me as he bashes his teeth. It REALLY winds me up!!

Tange, I was going through the exact same thing. Have a look at my blog to see my situation. I have since delted it but this is what was put:

I need to get a message across to my co-worker that the food he buys from the cafe everyday is making me homicidal. Any ideas that don’t involve me grabbing his fat head and repeatedly beating it against a hard surface???
I have asked him and numerous occasions “Of you go to the cafe please don’t buy anything smelly.” But he just laughs and gets something smelly. Yesterday it was chips with massive amounts of vinegar and salt. Today its a pasty. I am sitting here at the moment touch typing while glaring at him tucking into the pasty. He is so involved with himself that he doesn’t realise I am stabbing him with evil daggers.
I hate this man at the moment more than I hate my own fat body. It’s not that I can’t eat the food, its the smell. the instance I smell it, it makes me want to jump out of the first storey window and dive in the cafe. The guys and girls at my workplace are being very supportive and encouraging to a point where they purposely eat their smelly food when I am in meetings or am out on my lunch break. they even apologise if I am there and it just shows me that they too want me to succeed on this diet.

I understand, and I must say I personaly hate certain sounds of noises being made when someone eats (I hated them back when I wasn't on LL). Nonetheless you can't really expect people to break their habits and something they enjoy just because YOU are on diet. It was obvious when you started LL/CD that there will be situations like that, can't expect everyone to sneak past with their food so you don't smell/see it. Personally I would certainly try not to annoy dieting person but some people don't have time/imagination to think about it. I had a situation like you Dave and at some point I ust said that the guy was an inconsiderate ******* as I asked him SO many times.. had a go at him basically- worked (he thought i was joking when i was asking him to eat not-near-me)
Also, some people are sadists lol

Good luck and try ignore it as much as you can or just talk to the person STRAIGHT, people too often don't get allusions.

Yes it is a difficult one, I do not expect people to avoid eating near me but what I really can't believe it when people come up to me waving pieces of cake or chocolate under my nose and say mmmmm bet you wish you could eat this. It makes me want to grab their head and smash it against the desk. It is so utterly spiteful to do this to someone. If I was an alcoholic would they come up to me with a pint of beer or vodka and tonic and tease me with it? Course not!!!! Then why do it when I am trying to lose weight.

Last week at group, as we were leaving - the security gaurd at the reception desk was taunting our group as we were signing out!

The silly cow was waving two cans pf pringles in front of our faces (I say ours - I was actaully already at the door waiting to be buzzed out - but was watching her do this to all the other ladies...) She was waving the cans in their faces going "These are sooooo good - don;t you wish you had them - they are soooo goood" and then she said "nesxt week it will be Chocolate Gateaux - mmmmmmmm" I shouted at her, "Do you think you could stop torturing them and let me out please?"

I couldn;t believe the cheek. It realy pissed me off when I thought of it the next day, so I said something to the LLC last night who was not impressed! So she will be having a word.

How out of order is that!!! Stupid little dwarf!

Oh my god... I'm afraid I would have had to go right up to her and give her a shake for that. I really couldn't allow someone (a complete stranger) to do that to me...or anyone with me. God the cheek!

Maybe I am lucky but the smells don't bother me anymore, I now even enjoy them. As for the taunting well I think I could turn into a real cow if someone did that to me. The only thing that annoys me to the point of aggresion is the sound effects some people make or the open mouth chewing or talking with food in mouth.

In our group last night there was a girl who told us that some people at her church told he she does not look good after loosing weight. How awful is that. She looks gorgeous, why do some people have to take out their insecurities on others.

hm yeah teasing is just lame. But i happened to grab a pack of malteasers from someone who was waving it at me saying 'aw look, and you can't eat them!', saying 'oh ta, if i feel like cheating i'll use yours!'. They never did that again (I never gave Maltesers back either, thats probably why lol).

No one would do it to alcoholic for that habit is generally considered much more dangerous (I know it's bollox, obesity is just as bad), also people often do not understand that you get get addicted to food. For them teasing you will be funny, but then again that tells you that this person is probably a daft git. Don't you catch yourself actually pitying them? Looking at that pathetic attempt to break you.. meh it is annoying at first, and then it just gets pathetic. It is like when you were a kid, as long as you react to teasing in a way that pleases the person who teases you, they will be doing it. (as in, you get visibly annoyed, eyes focused on the snack, rather than the 'teaser' etc).

Shame people can't use their abstract thinking to realise how childlish their actions are, but I guess Us dieting won't exactly change anyone's world, but ours only.

Good luck with ressisting! :)

I gotta say that I've never had a problem with people eating around me since I 've been on LL but I hate people who eat like pigs! did before I did LL too!! :mad:

I have no problem with people eating around me, nor do the smell bother me. It's the noises. The ones that they make like they're snuffling for truffles, the slapping of lips and the clicking of a jaw. Aaaargh. My mum eats so ladylike, but there is a certain noise she does when eating ceraeals. I just have to get up and leave. Or heave.

Anyone seen that tabasco sauce advert at the cinema, the one hwre he's eating the pizza and puts the sauce on it and the mosquito gets blown up after drinking his blood?......anyways the sound he makes when he bites into that pizza makes me cringe so much! Sounds like he's chomping into his lip or something so horrible!!! I have to cover my ears!!!

I can sometimes completely block out other people eating or leaving food around, but then there are occasions when I would murder someone if they ate in front of me, so far they have got away with it but watch this space:mad:

Oh my god... I'm afraid I would have had to go right up to her and give her a shake for that. I really couldn't allow someone (a complete stranger) to do that to me...or anyone with me. God the cheek!

I was going to last night, but she was on another shift, but don't you worry - next time we's gonna have a wee chat. ;)

One thing I am learning - and liking, is if I have something to say, I am feeling brave enough to say it regardless of if it is popular or not. :D SOmething I have seldom done, unless I am with people I am very comfortable with. I was the queen of avoidance.

Last week at group, as we were leaving - the security gaurd at the reception desk was taunting our group as we were signing out!

The silly cow was waving two cans pf pringles in front of our faces (I say ours - I was actaully already at the door waiting to be buzzed out - but was watching her do this to all the other ladies...) She was waving the cans in their faces going "These are sooooo good - don;t you wish you had them - they are soooo goood" and then she said "nesxt week it will be Chocolate Gateaux - mmmmmmmm" I shouted at her, "Do you think you could stop torturing them and let me out please?"

I couldn;t believe the cheek. It realy pissed me off when I thought of it the next day, so I said something to the LLC last night who was not impressed! So she will be having a word.

How out of order is that!!! Stupid little dwarf!

My god was so shocked reading that, that's absolutely disgracefull! Reckon she should be sacked for something like that, hardly proffesional when she works in a building that holds a LL group...terrible.

Back