Annya - rock cakes

CC

Hello - sorry - no idea how to PM! Please share you low fat/sweetener rock cake recipe???? Need help getting through Easter!!! ;o)
xxxx

Love rock cakes yummy :)

OK, here goes...........

Rock Cakes
Makes 12 cakes - 135 cals each

8oz self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g low calorie margarine (like Flora light) chopped into small bits
1 heaped tablespoon Splenda (or other calorie free baking sweetener)
165g mixed dried fruit
1 large egg
2 tbsp milk (if needed)
Heat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6

Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large baking bowl, add the margarine, and lightly rub together with fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

Add the sweetener and the dried fruit and mix so all ingredients are well incorporated.

Add the egg and 1 tbsp of the milk and mix to create a stiff dough. If the mixture is still dry add milk another tbsp until required consistency is achieved.

Lightly grease two baking sheets (or line with greaseproof paper). Using a tablespoon divide the mixture into 12 mounds evenly spaced on the 2 baking sheets.

Bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and well risen.

Last edited:
Sounds fantastic, I will have to try them x

They are just as nice as the "full calorie" version IMO. The biggest problem is stopping at one! When I make a batch of these my elliptical trainer becomes my best mate for a couple of days :eek: :whacky068:

Annya - thank you!!!! xxx
Starlight - thank you too! I'm writing from an iPhone so think I'll have to log on, on my PC. :)

Ooo thank you. Will give them a go over the Easter weekend ;)

Hiya

The method says 'add the sweetener' but I can't see in the recipe how much.. Could anyone tell me please?

Thanks,

Hannah

Hiya

The method says 'add the sweetener' but I can't see in the recipe how much.. Could anyone tell me please?

Thanks,

Hannah

Whoops - sorry Hannah! I use a heaped tablespoon of Splenda and it is sweet enough for me.

im getting the ingrediants for this tomorrow and will give it a go :)

My pleasure Hannah and enjoy Kirsty (and Hannah of course!).

I am making a batch myself as we have family round tomorrow for a BBQ/buffet and the kids (who are now all at uni so not really kids any more!) awlays ask if I have baked :)

I have a recipe for a fat-free sponge to try out too, so if it comes out nice I will share that one........ lower calorie swiss roll has got to be good!

Ive never made Rock Cakes before, but i made these today. This is how they came out.
Photo0084.jpg

Looking good Hannah! There should be 12 to make them the calorific value per cake though so you'll have to do your sums if you only have 9..........

I made 12 of them, thats just the first tray i could take the photo of :)

Well done - enjoy :D

Back