Another Atkins starter - with questions

Thanks Lady,

Is a cup...just like an average sized tea mug?

Gravy jug!

No, no, no... not a gravy jug!

A regular sized tea or coffee mug will do. Just be consistant and use the same one all the time. Or splurge at a pound shop and buy a set of measuring cups!

(now you guys know how I feel when I try to cook using UK measurements... all this 100g of this and 500g of that. I'd managed to cook and bake for years without kitchen scales til I moved here! Cups are so much easier!)

How did you find your progress once you jumped ship?
well i gained a stone in about 3 weeks after dukan lol - birthday alcohol etc etc but lost 5 lbs on first week of atkins and 3 lbs last week.

On induction does the new book allow fruit?

Hey I'm no cheat!...well...maybe a bit! I agree though, no fruit allowed but I picked the lowest carb fruit I could find - I'm a sucker for something sweet.

Anyway, those six lovely raspberries can't have hurt too much...I had a sneaky early weigh-in this morning, think I've lost 1.2lb. Paid for it with one of the worst headaches I've ever had though... go Ketosis symptoms go!

Are you getting enough salt as that is supposed to help with the symptoms according to the new book. Hope your head eases off soon.

Hey Quak, thanks for the tip. Paracetamol did the trick today but will add in some salt with my lunch tomorrow if it's back (which I really hope it is!!)

Hey Michael if its wasn't me pointing out the error of your Atkins ways it would be Jim now he's back. Anyhow sounds like your doing great so enjoy your rasps!

Hey Lady, Flutter,

I'm sure youre both right. Who knows, I might of lost a little bit more if it wasn't for those pesky razzers! Maybe the headache was penance haha.

Sometimes I think God has got it in for me... O2 sent me a freebie reward today - a bar of choc! It's sitting there...just looking at me!

Out of interest, do you guys eat before bedtime? I know the book says you can eat at any time but just looking for some practical experience?

Cheers

I know some dieticians and diets say you shouldn't eat before bed/after 7pm/whatever - but sorry, the rest of us have busy lives, and in any case your body digests food all night :)

The joy about Atkins is to stop thinking about previous ways of eating and what you've been told is "right" or "wrong" and just enjoy the food on offer - and if that means eating at 10pm or 2am, then do it - if you're hungry, that is :)

This different way of thinking can be really liberating - once you get the hang of it, because it does take some getting used to.

I often get peckish in the evenings. When I'm feeling good I have a glass of water. When I'm bad, I usually graze on some cooked chicken or salami - or an Atkins bar....:eek:

Susie

Hi Michael and welcome mate, good to see another bloke on this thread. :)

H Michael. Put the choc in a pan with some bleach and melt away. you cant be tempted then ;)
I try not to eat past 6pm on school nights ;)

I have been known to throw things in the bin (like choccie) then seek to ferret then out again and have ended up putting washing up liquid over them (yes you do get a foamy mouth if you try to eat it!).
Oh and it'll def be worse than a few innocent r'berries!

I have been known to throw things in the bin (like choccie) then seek to ferret then out again and have ended up putting washing up liquid over them (yes you do get a foamy mouth if you try to eat it!).
lmao! you didnt...really?? i have put bleach on leftover pizza too!

Back