Another disappointing WI

Hi everyone had another disappointing weigh in this morning. Been ultra good and been drinking my 4 litres of water and only lost 2.5lb (last week was 3). I did get my first stone off this morning (3rd weigh in) but expected so much more so it has put a dampner on it. It has me wondering if maybe the torture isn't worth it as I could lose the same at SW as I have in past. Missed out on so many social events over last month that I'm starting to get peed off at the slow loss. CDC has suggested I try drinking 5 litres to see how it goes but I find it difficult drinking the 4 although I force it in there. Oh I just don't know :'o(

Maybe try drinking less! i only drink 3 litres and that seems to work...maybe go on to soul source plus - maybe that extra meal will help kick start your body.

I have lost a stone in 1 week and that is due to SS+

However - how much have you to lose?

Hello well done with your loss of 2.5 lbs.. this week

so you have lost 1 stone in 3 weeks thats fantastic because they say the average weight loss is 1 stone in 4 weeks.!

Im shocked your cdc advised u to drink 5 litres of water.. that's not good advice surely?

while u drink 2.5 litres a day please don't feel pressured to drink that large amount i have 3-3.5 litres aday and know more.!

good luck and keep smiling x

how much have you got to lose hun?

It all depends on how much you have to loose in the first place, I loose 3lbs a week on average and this works for me. I've also thought surely it isn't worth all the money/effort and I should to SW…but I only have to take a look at my weigh in book from last time…half a pound off..pound on…half a pound off…and if I lost 2 or 3lbs it was an absolutely awesome week and I would celebrate with a bag of chips or something equally as bad..with this diet I'm almost guaranteed to see a good loss every week and fast results that keep me motivated, it took me 9 weeks to loose a stone at WW it took me 2 weeks with CD..

Your not going to see loses of 5 or 6 pounds a week because the body simply isn't designed to loose that kind of weight so quickly. Just have a little patience and the pounds will soon add up!! In January I was 16 stone 3lbs today Im 13 stone 3lbs…thats with loosing 3lbs a week, I had completely given up on ever being in the 12's again and I'm almost there and thats the kind of motivation which keeps me going forward even at my weakest moments and there's been plenty!! xx

Hi ladylee, everyones advice on here is great. Please don't b disheartened 1 stone in 3 weeks is amazing. I think you should have a think of why you decided to do CD - was it because you found sw difficult to stick to or control your portions ? These were my reasons. As someone mentioned if u had a good week I'd also celebrate with a naughty meal which ended up with a naughty week.

I don't know why your CDC would suggest you drank so much but it does seem excessive. I presume that your first week loss was quite high for you to only lose 2.5 this week to make a stone and 3 last week (9lbs?)That's positive. Some weeks can b little lower then others but stick with it and you may b surprised next week. Looking at my old wi book for LL I had some weeks were I'd lose 2lbs then others 4lbs! I think the average is about 3lbs week.

Are you measuring yourself - do your clothes feel bit loser? This may be a more encouraging measure then the scales. I'm trying to change my mindset to think this as scales aren't always the best ( there Is a brill post on here about that)

Be positive - u cam do it!

lshafik said:
Maybe try drinking less! i only drink 3 litres and that seems to work...maybe go on to soul source plus - maybe that extra meal will help kick start your body.

I have lost a stone in 1 week and that is due to SS+

However - how much have you to lose?

I am currently doing ss+ and I have another 4 stone to lose x

B2B25/8 said:
Hi ladylee, everyones advice on here is great. Please don't b disheartened 1 stone in 3 weeks is amazing. I think you should have a think of why you decided to do CD - was it because you found sw difficult to stick to or control your portions ? These were my reasons. As someone mentioned if u had a good week I'd also celebrate with a naughty meal which ended up with a naughty week.

I don't know why your CDC would suggest you drank so much but it does seem excessive. I presume that your first week loss was quite high for you to only lose 2.5 this week to make a stone and 3 last week (9lbs?)That's positive. Some weeks can b little lower then others but stick with it and you may b surprised next week. Looking at my old wi book for LL I had some weeks were I'd lose 2lbs then others 4lbs! I think the average is about 3lbs week.

Are you measuring yourself - do your clothes feel bit loser? This may be a more encouraging measure then the scales. I'm trying to change my mindset to think this as scales aren't always the best ( there Is a brill post on here about that)

Be positive - u cam do it!

I maybe will measure myself to see if this helps

Ps I will be totally honest, the disappointing loss knocked me off the wagon today when I thought I'd never fall off!
I had a cooked grilled breakfast for lunch consisting of 1 slice of bacon, 2 links, 1/2 black pudding, 1/2 potato scone, 1/2 slice of toast and an egg and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Back to normality tomorrow x

It's okay, honestly. It's the week 3 thing (that CWPCs never seem to tell anyone about :rolleyes:). It happens a lot (an awful lot) that people get smaller losses in week 3 (your week 2 loss was actually fine :))

I've posted the explanation as to why somewhere else recently but can't remember where... let me see if I can dig it out cos I'm feeling a bit lazy...

Ah yes...

It was my 'scales are stupid' rant. :D

Whatever the scales say, so long as you are doing the diet 100%, you will be losing fat. Depending on what you currently weigh, you will be losing between 2 and 4 pounds of fat a week (maybe even slightly more).

Unfortunately, your body doesn't like that you're losing weight so quickly. It makes it upset. In order to control your blood pressure and balance your blood sugar levels and make all your internal organs do their job, it actually likes things to stay the same. It can't do much about the fact that you're losing fat - but it can hang on to more of the water that you're putting into it. In fact, there is a theory that as your fat cells shrink, they initially fill up with water instead - just in case you change your mind about losing weight and it needs to use them in a hurry to store fat. Once your body is convinced that you don't need that fat cells, it'll let the water go, and let the fat cells shrink permanently (woohoo!).

And - you'll have guessed by now - week 3 is a classic time for that water retention thing to happen. It happens to some people in week 4 instead. In fact, the whole way through your weight loss journey, there will be the occasional week where you inexplicably only lose a couple of pounds, a pound - or even... gasp... you don't lose anything at all, despite being 100%. :eek: It's all entirely normal. It doesn't mean you're not losing fat. It means you're retaining water.

For what it's worth, I don't think you need to drink more water. You could probably do with a more realistic and encouraging CWPC though... :)

On Cambridge, with four stones to lose, you can expect to lose between 3-4 pounds a week on average. The key thing is that word average. There will be weeks where you lose 2 pounds and weeks where you lose 5. Next week might well be the week that you lose 5 pounds - if you can stay away from the cooked breakfasts. :)

Hehe no more cooked breakfasts for me after that explanation! It actually makes sense as I had TOTM last week so thought I'd lose a fair bit this week but if my body is freaking out and still holding onto water even that excess water that would explain it. Hope I haven't done too much damage today now, what's done is done I guess here's to another day tomorrow! Xx thank you guys... Again xx

Back