Another -Last -Time-Ever Diary

So I had a run in with someone yesterday that has left me feeling really pants. Since I have been on this diet I can honestly say I have been free of emotional eating. This morning it was there :/ My mood is very low, but it isn't like I haven't felt that since I started. What I ate isn't a problem (yet!) as all it was was an Atkins bar. But it was immediately after my shake this morning and the decision was purely fueled by that negative, destructive part of my brain.I wasn't hungry or even craving. It was almost like a deliberate 'f*** you' to myself. Ho hum.

Half a pound to go to 3 stone......ahhhh! I remember when I would look at the stats on the left and it was saying 4 stone then 3 stone etc to go and it seemed such a bloody insurmountable journey. And now it says 1.5. Which is doable. So keep plugging away people! I could have done this a bit faster, I could have kept to vlcd calories and not just used them as a tool in ketosis. But honestly it hasn't made THAT much difference to amount lost, but has made alot of difference to my mental well being and my cravings. On a vlcd I think about food all the time, it becomes a habit to watch cookery shows, to bake lots for other people and to spend all my time thinking about all the healthy things I will eat at goal when I absolutely won't be regaining my weight! lol. dream on sister. Obsessing over calories when in ketosis is a bit pointless - obviously if you have no glycogen, your body has to burn the fat. Insulin stays stable as you aren't having much sugar, without insulin you can't lay down fat. I have been on this 3 months and have lost 0.5 short of 3 stone - I eat Atkins type meals for dinner and gradually this has meant no longer panicking about olive oil in cooking or in fact protein portion sizes. My weight loss hasn't slowed. Way too many bags of nuts and copious amounts of coffee with full fat milk straight from the cows feature too. Not saying I wouldn't have lost a bit more no, but it would not have been much more than the stone a month I have achieved. Oh and I drink diet coke and am never out of ketosis... The benefit of this has been a very different journey - by no means have I found it easy as pie, but certainly much easier than the 3 times I have done it before. I really don't feel hard done by most of the time, bread taunts me still but it always will! The biggest thing seems to be cravings are under control. Emotions aren't always as I said yesterday, but I didn't do any damage. Whether I can ever fix that part of myself I don't know. Reading that latest research that shows the way you lose weight is actually not an issue as you are just as likely to pile it back on again (which is pretty certain unfortunately) is kinda depressing, but it is what I have always said! I hate the moral high ground taken by people who do something like SW all the way to goal and feel they can tell people who lose it quickly in no uncertain terms they will put it back on and will wreck their metabolism. Metabolism is a transient thing, it adjusts.Anyone who takes control of their weight should be applauded, and no one should be too sure of themselves. You ate yourself fat once, then you have an issue with food and it might hide for a while...but if you don't deal with it...

Back