Another low carber!

cc28

Hi I am joining in since it so quiet and lonely here!

I am starting atkins, not sure when. Thursday is my fave day for starting anything but I have already had a sugary coffee plus feeling very bloated and in lots of pain as TOTM is due to satrt any day now so not sure if I will start now or next week.

Really I feel today is a good day to start as it is my TOTM which usually makes me give up healthy eating in favour of sweets and stodge so maybe this could be good practise for when I have it next time.

My one big queston is though is it possible to lose weight while eating lower carbs but not in ketosis? I plan to do induction and properly but it wold help me to know that if I eat something sugary n a weak moment that as long as my total for that day is abou 60, I will still be losing weight.

It depends on your own body and the levels it likes. Certainly start induction at 20g per day, then after induction you can increase your carbs by 5g a day each week (so 25g week 1, 30g week 2 etc) until you notice the weightloss slowing down or stopping.

Some people are so carb sensitive that they won't lose with 40g, whilst others will still lose at 100g. You'll only find this out by slowly increasing it a week at a time.

What bothers me is that if I don't manage 20g them it's back to the drawing board the next day and if I have a day where I eat badly it will take me days to get back into ketosis. I wish it were as simple as being able to undo anything bad the very next day.

I don't mean to sound negative but I know the past thehe thought of starting from scratch has put me off restarting weeks just to put off the headaches and such. Like if I am expecting a heavy day at work or a day out with my children I just think I cannot handles a headaches and feeling like crap today.

Anyhow I have not started my new eating plan yet but did eat more protein less carbs yesterday. Only had sugars in my tea which are essential for PMS week!

Back