Another newbee

Gabby

Hi, hope you are all well, I started the tabs on Friday and have been browsing this forum trying to get ideas.
so thought i would join in and say hello, and no doubt bombard you with questions!!!
Im doing ok, tho finding it hard what to eat.
Typical day for me is....

BREAKFAST Special K

DINNER Baked potatoe with baked beans

TEA Normally pasta n sauce or chicken breast with veg and a few potatoes.
Then I eat grapes or banana.
anyone got any advice or pointers?
Anyway thanks in advanced :)

hi gabby, i started my xenical last thursday so nearly same time as you, i know what you mean about not knowing what to eat,
i have weetabix with banana n skimmed milk, fruit for lunch and a good lowfat meal for tea,
im still at the scared stage and wondering if im gonna get bad side effects
hope you do well and good luck

sharon x

For dinner I usually do things like baked potato, pasta, chicken, rice, loads of veg. Replaced marg etc with low fat phili. If you do need to use any oil I use the 1 cal spray one. I have crumpets for breakfast sometimes with phili on, yum.

Welcome and good luck to the both of you.

My advice would be to check labels and eat food lower than 5% fat and limit your fat allowance to 15g per meal.

Hi Gabby & Sharon
I started on Monday so not far behind you. I'm still terrified of any side effects but have been following a low fat diet - sticking to the 5% rule and so far so good.
Reading all the labels on everything, however staying on hotels this week and next week as away from home so making the most sensible choices I can at dinner - going without dressings and sauces and I'm feeling really good on it.
Good luck!

Kate x x

Hi thanks for the welcome gals, it looks like a good place to be and lots of help and support.

Coffee bean where in SW are you?
Im in Somerset

Welcome & Good Luck xX

Hi Gabby. I started the Xenical last Friday and have been following the Weight Watchers diet too and have found that they compliment each other so well that in the 4 days since i started i have only needed to take 4 pills and might be able to come off them all together soon. I am not a person with strong will power either and i'm surprise by this, but the ww diet is so low in fat that it compliments the xenical perfectly so perhaps this is something you could try?

LouLou, Make sure you check the fat contents of WW meals and not just the points as many of them are actually quite high :sigh:

Hi Sacred. I don't eat the meals, i tend to cook my own from fresh as you are not required to buy any ww food whatsoever.

Hi again,

That`s what I did when I loosely followed WW ( made my own food and tried to stick to the points allowance).

Just thought I should say incase someone who does buy the meals doesn`t realise :)

Back