Another newbie

newlifenow

Hi

Starting today as i can not afford to go back on Lipotrim and im not sure i could go without food again ever lol.

I started my weightloss journey last august and went fro 14.2 to 12.3. I was very happy at 12.3-12.7 for many months and in the past 6 weeks under alot of stress i went back to my carb junkie days and gained 1 stone. I was a pure pig and now i feel disgusting so i have to do something.

I have no idea how ill get through the atkins as im worried about cholesterol and feeling crappy. I have just had sausages and scrambled egg for lunch and i will be having chicken and spinach and garlic for dinner. Im worried about the lack of foods i can eat and hope i can stick to it.

Is milk allowed in coffee?
Is Diet coke allowed?
And is lemon and lime slices allowed in my water?

Also with lipotrim, i wasnt fit to exercise for a couple of weeks, is it the same with Atkins?

Thanks

Hiya nln! Welcome to the boards.

The Atkins way usually makes me feel really good & full of energy, you might get headaches in the first week but as long as you eat your full quota of veggies you can expect to start feeling really good soon enough.

There are lots and lots of recipe ideas in the recipes thread at the top of the board, to help you keep the variety in your diet. Also the 'What are we eating today" thread might give you some ideas.

Is milk allowed in coffee?
Is Diet coke allowed?
And is lemon and lime slices allowed in my water?

Milk is not strictly allowed, you can have a few tablespoons of cream per day which you can use in your coffee.

Personally, after 2 weeks induction I went back to having a cup of tea with full fat milk with breakfast and I don't think it stalls me, but it might stall others.

Diet coke contains caffeine and aspartame, which some people report as stalling their weight loss. Others seem to be able to neck it without any damage. You will have to experiment to see which sort you are! I would recommend giving it up for the first two weeks of induction if you can, to ensure that you enter ketosis and to train yourself over to drinking lots and lots of water.

Atkins says lemon juice is okay in salad dressings so I guess slices of lemon in your water would be okay. There will be a slight carb count though so be sure to count it toward your total for the day.

Also with lipotrim, i wasnt fit to exercise for a couple of weeks, is it the same with Atkins?

Thanks

As I say, after the first week or so most people experience a rush of energy on Atkins. Good luck with it! Let us know how you get on.

good luck and welcome :)

(you wont find me posting in there very much!).

You won't find me posting there at all, :D :bolt:

Back