Another newbie

purple_kathryn

Mostly harmless
Hi there!

My name is Kathryn (as you can possibly figure from my user name :p).

I've seriously started to lose weight from the start of June this year. I had tried before (well tried doing a bit of exercise) but without much enthusiasm and gave it up (after being mildly knocked over).

What made me determined this time around is probably a bit silly but - I have a friend (also overweight) who was told he had arthritis in his knees and I also have a very obese cousin (much older) who needs knee replacement but can't get it because of his weight. My knee cap had been making a weird clicking noises for a few months. I figured that if I was too late to prevent arthritis then I wanted to be sure I could ease the problems.

So I've been flying solo on this (I wasn't keen on joining a club) but with the help of xenical and I'm soon to hit the 3st (42lb) mark but while I feel that losing weight is a very very personal thing for me and I'm reluctant to talk about it with friends, it would be nice to be able to talk to others who are going through the same thing.

Sorry if this is a bit long for an intro post! :eek:

Hi Kathryn and welcome to Minimins :D

I think your first post is great and you are already doing so well flying solo as you say. Glad you decided to join us as you will find as much support as you need here and other members will also benefit from your experieces,

Best Wishes,

Isis :)

Back