Another newbie

CurvyCat

Hi everyone, this seems a very friendly place and I am looking for support to lose just under 5 stone.

I am at my heaviest weight ever - 4 stone has gone on in 10 years, I think I have been in denial! :sigh:

It seems a monstrous task, but my health is suffering, and it is really affecting my self esteem.

I am forty in approx 18 months time, so this is my 'time zone' to reach goal weight.

Helloooo CurvyCat - and WELCOME to Minimins :D This site is FAB - u'll get loads of great advice and support !

Good luck for your weight loss journey !

love

Debz
xx

Hi Curvy Cat and welcome!

Youre working on almost the same time scale as I am - Im 40 in October next year and plan to be at my goal weigh or as near as dammit by then :)

What diet are you planning to try?

4 stone in that time frame is totally do able :)

Hi Starlight

I am following the Jigsaw Slimming Plan. This week will be my first 'proper' week, I have had the information for some time, but not done anything about it.

But time is ticking away.............

I have been on loads of diets before, and lost weight and then put it back on. Now I believe the key is changes to eating habits over a long period of time. :)

Hi CC and welcome,

Everyone hers is fab and very supportive.

4 stone is definately doable

Good luck

Jo xx

Welcome aboard Curvy.
Good luck with your new plan - at my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... still got 5 to go so I know it can sometimes seem a huge task but with support on our part and perseverence on yours, you'll reach your goal in time for your 40th birthday! :)

Fab weightloss RD

Welcome aboard Curvy.
Good luck with your new plan - at my heaviest I had 12st to lose ... still got 5 to go so I know it can sometimes seem a huge task but with support on our part and perseverence on yours, you'll reach your goal in time for your 40th birthday! :)

7 stone?? That's absolutely fabulous RD, bet you're chuffed.
I started off with 8+ to lose and it's daunting but I always get insiration from stories like yours.

Well done Curvy cat - this is an inspiring, fun and friendly place to be: you just feel you have so many friends who will urge you on and we all know what's involved too.
A big welcome ...... :)

Russian Doll

Can I ask did you do loads of diets before. How did you get things started this time? What has kept you going? Is it easier now than before?

I am finding it difficult because I normally do eat alot of stuff (thats why I am 5 stones overweight!) I then feel resentful because I cannot eat what i want... and so on.:sigh:

It is hard to imagine me being slimmer and healthier at this moment in time. It is abit of a 'self defeating circle' I think.

Hi Curvy
I'm one of life's yo-yo dieters and have tried practically every diet going. Of the 'standard' types of diets, I found Rosemary Conley worked the best: I lost 6st on that about four years ago but, as always, I never reached goal. I tend to sabotage my efforts for some crazy reason .... I just always get disheartened and give up before completing the journey.

I regained almost all of the weight I lost before moving back down south (I lived in Yorkshire for 5 years) and started college full time because I wanted to go to University. Whilst at college, I became desperate about my weight and considered a gastric bypass. Before I took that drastic step, I decided to give Cambridge a go and started in march last year.

For six months I SSed without a break and got down to 12st 7lb by Christmas. For once it seemed like I'd actually reach my goal.
Unfortunately, I took my eye off the ball and pigged out over Christmas: by the New Year, I was 14st 2lb.

I simply couldn't get my head round SSing again and kept 'cheating' - however, I kept trying and by Feb I was back down to 13st.

Then I stupidly allowed my doctor to talk me into having a Depo Provera contraceptive jab on Feb 8th and everything went to rats after that.
I went into a hormonal tailspin that led me to a 3st gain in three months. Back up to almost 16st again, I became despondant and tried, unsuccessfully, to SS. It's notoriously difficult to restart on CD (so take my advice and take a good run at this - dont' stop til you get to goal!) I slipped into a pattern of 'feast and famine' ... binges follwed by strict SSing: a slippery slope to nowhere good!

At the moment, I'm giving the Upday Downday diet a go which involves a day of SS and a day of 'normal' eating in the hope I can start moving in the right direction again.
My losses (if any) won't be as dramatic as SS on CD but I need to get some sort of control and find a plan I can live with long term.

Good luck with your journey - we'll all be here to support you through it :)

Back