ANOTHER newbie..

Floralaura

Well i bet you have seen loads of newbie posts today..and lo and behold heres another one! Lol

So, im Flora, live in N.Wales, im 25, a Mum to a 6yr old Boy and just got engaged on Christmas day to a fab Man (yay!) and ive decided that this year im going to lose weight..im currently a size 18/20 and i *think* im around 17 stone but i cant bring myself to weigh myself so cant be exact..but by accident i saw it on the screen at the DR's last time i was there so im probably still around that mark to be honest. To be blunt im sick of being fat..sick of not being able to just walk into any old shop and grab something and leave, sick of feeling like the frumpy one in the corner, sick of not being me because im not confident enough to be me and dont like the health risks with being overweight..and ive decided i want and need to change now.
I never eat breakfast, sometimes even skip lunch too, though if im in work then i will go grab a bap from a butty shop, then i eat crap for tea. I drink at least 500ml of coke a day, i have to or get a HUGE headache, though in my defence i try and drink more water lately. I dont really eat crisps or cakes..i do like the odd Wispa though and bread plays a big part in my life..we tend to eat out an awful lot of the time..local pubs mainly but do have at least one takeaway a week too (How lazy are we eh? lol), so basically its going to be hard for me to change the way i eat! I can go out and order a jacket potato and extra salad..then i add onion rings and garlic bread too it though thus its not as healthy as it should be! So i have to change the way i think and eat..

I do walk a lot..either in work (Im a SA so on my feet for 9hours a day when in work usually 2/3 dyas a week) or im out shopping and walking round town for 5 hours lol. I have asthma too, which makes it a bit more tricky i think with running etc.

Because i dont know what i weigh i cant track my loss..so im thinking i will have to do it by dress size loss (or by how big my now clothes are on me that kind of thing)..so when i can fit into size 8 pants then i know im a winner lol..no, i'd be happy at a size 14..so if i can do that by this time next year (or sooner) then i will be one happy Lady!

I know so many people must say it at this time of year but im determined to do it now, while im young and to regain my life back while i can..

Si i wish every other newbie here the best of luck and i hope that 2009 is the year for you and if anyone has any tips/advice for me then id be glad to recieve them..x

Good luck. Take a look around Minimins - there's nots of people and lots of advice to be given. In the mean time :welcome:

I know so many people must say it at this time of year but im determined to do it now, while im young and to regain my life back while i can..

Hi floralaura, I'm a Jan 1st newbie too and I could have written exactly what you said, I'm 24 and don't want to waste any more years feeling fat and unhappy!

I wish you the very best of luck with your weight loss. x

welcome to the forum and all the best with your weight loss journey. Ya will get loads of advice and tips around here! Many congratulations on your engagement!! Ya will have to come over to the brides to be section as well. Any dates set as yet?

Hi and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't be to worried about the scales anyway, as long as you are going down dress sizes or have a tape then you'll know you are loosing.

Thanks for all the welcomes..and good wishes, i wish you all luck this year too.

No date set yet miss.unknown i dont even want to make one until i have lost weight to be honest..i shall pop over to the brides to be forum though and have a nosey!

Thats what i thaught Jim, though a couple of people have commented that im doing it the 'wrong' way ny not charting actual weight loss..

Ellie, i hope you make your dreams come true this year..just keep telling yourself it and you are worth it.. :eek:)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I wouldn't be to worried about the scales anyway, as long as you are going down dress sizes or have a tape then you'll know you are loosing.

Thanks for all the welcomes..and good wishes, i wish you all luck this year too.

No date set yet miss.unknown i dont even want to make one until i have lost weight to be honest..i shall pop over to the brides to be forum though and have a nosey!

Thats what i thaught Jim, though a couple of people have commented that im doing it the 'wrong' way ny not charting actual weight loss..

Ellie, i hope you make your dreams come true this year..just keep telling yourself it and you are worth it.. :eek:)

Welcome Floralaura,

Welcome Floralaura,

New research backs up what you are saying about focusing on the inch loss instead of weight loss.

Waist, not weight, key to long life - Health News, Health & Wellbeing - The Independent

Whatever way you find that suits you is the way to go!

Good luck with your weight loss journey in 2009!

Love Mini xxx

Well, before i read your reply Mini i took the plunge and weighed myself the grand total is 17.2..i had convinced myself i would be over 18 stones though..thats why i dint want to do it myself, im glad i did though as its not as bad as i thought haha. I will be aiming to reach a size 14 rather than a certain weight though so thats still the same..i will read the link you gave too..Thanks..x

Well that was worth the risk of getting on the scales to see you were a lot lighter that you expected!

So you are already off to a brill start:)

Love Mini xxx

I know how you feel about being too scared to weigh yourself.
If was quite sometime ago that I weighed myself as 11stone so if anyything I probably weigh more by now. -_-

Goodluck Hun!! im a newbie too and just trying to find my way around, everyone is so helpfull and kind, i think i will stick at this and it will really work! Keep +++ and you will be a size 14 before you know it!

Oh and well done on weighing yourself, if we all do something we are scared of everyday we will have no regrets, mine is excerisize, im scared people will laugh at me, but i am going for a light jog this week and nobodys going to stop me!! lol

welcome

Well, 2 yeras on and im back and heavier lol. I did do the diet after posting this and lost a coupl of stone, then went and got myself a Baby, he was born in Jan 2010, I put the face we had him down to the diet, as TTC for 14mths before falling pregnant after losing the weight.
So the new diet started last Mon, with me weighing 17stones 9 pounds and 8 ounces..today was my 1st weigh in and i am now 17 stones 2 pounds and 6 ounces..so a 7lb loss in 7 days. My goal is 2 stone by summer and then 1 stone from summer to September..but hoping to do more than that, set them low so I dont have impossible dreams though. I ideally would like to lose 4 stones, to get me to 14 9lbs so that we can TTC again (I was still 15-16 stone when I fell pregnant and got GD so want to be lighter next time around!). Im not doing a particular plan, just s/fast shake for brekkie and low carbs the rest of the day..anyway, I just wanted to bump my old thread to show I hadnt been abducted by aliens and that im back! lol x

Back