Another restart!!

kira1985

Hi all,

I have been off the diet wagon for about 8 months now, and have decided to get back on the "horse"!!

I have always been a fad dieter, but last year managed to drop from 10st 4 to 8st 12 for a friends wedding (using slim fast). I have never felt so good about myself, but somehow I let it slip and am now back to a rather wobbly 10st 2. (funnily enough the weight gain coincided with the new man, lots of nights in with a film, and far too much food!!)

I am determined not to let myself get back to the weight I was, but having re-read my diary on the slim fast page, I think it will be healthier and longer lasting with healthy calorie counting and exercise. I never quite lost all the weight I wanted to last time, I was smaller, but did hardly any exercise so was still wobbly!! This time, equal measures of exercise and calorie counting should do it. It can't be that hard........ Can it!!??

My target weight is 8st 6, so that's 24lbs. I haven't really set a target date, what do you all think would be realistic? I am aiming for 1200 cals per day, and will see how I get on for the first week.

I will be starting a diary tonight to keep me motivated, so any tips and encouragement welcome!!!

Get a good calorie tracker! Preferably on ur phone lol It's always with you and your more likely to track everything then!

Yep, I agree with the tracker idea... I use the my fitness pal one, cos the website is good too... (are we allowed to mention that on here, sorry admins if we aren't!)

Anyway - good luck with your restart.. I too lost a lot of weight the 'quick' way using Lighter Life (about 5 stone under Minimins alias 'Annaphylactic'). I haven't put it all back on, but a stone has crept on in last 2+ years... so I am here to get that stone, and an extra one for good measure, off!

Have you worked out how many calories you 'should' be eating? There is a great sticky thread on the main forum page... I started off at 1200 and put on weight due to under eating (grrr)... moved to 2000 (as per recommendation at my gym) and upt on weight (double grrr), but now am at 1500 as the thread suggested - through various calculations - and the weight seems to be shifting!

Good luck and keep in touch!

SD xx

I'm doing the JUDDD diet. Calorie counting involved but a bit more extream... 500 cals on a Down Day and as you like on an Up Day, although I do try not to go to mad on up days. I found I can stick to this as I know I can eat "normaly" every other day.
The dreaded exercise is the other thing I'm doing this time round as well. Zumba 3 times a week, walking on other days. I'm thinking of giving 30 Day Shred a go as well. There has been a lot of chat about it on here over the last couple of days.
Good luck :)

Back