Another returnee

fraggle1805

So mad at myself that I quit last time just because the diet was inconvenient (at least I am honest). I have to lose this weight. The doctor has said no babies and my confidence is completely shot! Have recently finished a friendship that I think was affecting my confidence so am hoping without a friend like that in my life I can concentrate on me and do this. I have to do it for my husband and most importantly my little girl who loves me and never notices that I am fat but one day she will!

So I will be on here often now and have restarted my diary. Started tablets, diet and exercise today and gonna post food diary on here tomorrow so you guys can help me if go wrong somewhere!

Will be nice talking to you all again!

Welcome back and good luck.

Hi Fraggle! I also gave up on the tablets last year because it was inconvenient for me. I'm a student and all of my skinny friends used to encourage me to eat junk food all of the time, and it just wasn't working out for me. I wish I hadn't given up so easily, but another year has passed, and it's time to make the change. We're all on the same journey, so being here is a great help. Good luck, I'm looking forward to hearing your progress :)

Hi, I'm another newbie but I'm a fella hope you ladies don't mind.

I started today and fairly worried about what to have really don't want side effects at work.

I've had porridge for breakfast so far, got fruit to snack on and jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad for lunch. Is this ok so far.

Have to be honest have about 6 and half stone to lose.

Inneedofhelp
Aka Stuart

Hi Stuart, welcome to the forum! Your food so far sounds good. I've got about 7 stone to lose so I know how you feel, just stick to the low fat rule and up your exercise and you'll be fine :)

Hi everyone and thanks, I have way more than 7 stone if honest but would be happy with a good amount and just to feel good about myself again. Feeling good as second day now of sticking to it and done 30mins of exercise both days so proud of myself. Stuart your food sounded fine to me but am no expert I am afraid! I just try and stick to less than 5% fat and 10-12g fat per meal. Sometimes I struggle to use enough calories but try and keep around 1400.

Hi fraggle and good on you for coming back on here and giving it another go... I also lack so much confidence so hoping this will help.. You say you have to do this for your husband and your little girl, but please dont forget yourself, you have to do it for you aswell!! Your as important as anyone.. i know what you mean about your daughter though, my daughter told me one day that i was fat, and it really hurt me. I actually dont think she really knew what she was on about though!! Good luck and keep us informed on how your doing!! :)

Back