Another week down......

bigmuthabluffa

Hi all I just wanted to write a little post that will hopefully help some of you.

This Friday will be WI6, and it has been hell getting to this point however I am still here without cheating once and feeling better than ever.

At the end of wk5 I honestly thought I could not go on, and remembering I made a signed promise to hubby, it was tearing me apart. I was actually in PAIN, needing a hit like a true addict, but i knew the food I wanted wasn't good for me and I was sobbing like a baby.:cry:

My hubby sat me down and said if I felt like I had finished my journey on TFR then I should come off. Then he asked if you refeed now how will you feel. Immediately, I felt FAILURE, I said this to him and he said if you already feel failure at just the thought of stopping than you need to carry on. He was right and I knew it, I got through that night with lots of crying and anger and guilt and I don't know how many other emotions. And Sunday morning I woke up, without the weight of the world on my shoulders. I guess you could say I had a breakthrough moment:eek:

I want you all to know that when you think you can't do any more before you have gotten to your goal, you are wrong, you can get through, cry, go to the top of a hill and scream, do whatever you need to release those feeling ( so long as it is legal and not harmful to others ;))

And just ride it out, I have not had one bad moment this week, and I am amazed. I am not saying I won't, but I know how to deal with them now.

The end of April is my goal and I can see me getting there now. I have got to the top of my mountain and am now taking the long climb down, but that is the best bit because you have a great view all the way down:D

Have a good day everyone.

Anna x

Ive been having a very tough few days contemplating coming off TFR but I swore Id do at least a month and like you a good talk with my fiance and cancelling a bday meal and I feel sooooo good.

I felt sooooo pressured into going for this meal (INDIAN of all!!) not by my fiance but others as its his 30th bday but my fiance swore he doesnt mind and he's 100% behind me....

If you feel like you HAVE to come off really think about why and talk to someone it really does help....

Well dun hun and give your fiance a big hug, they have no idea how much their support means x

Struggling in Week 1

Thanks for the posts. I'm really struggling, I just have a really mad craving for FOOD. Just made my daughter lunch, ciabatta bread with fresh ham, lettuce and mayo AND I REALLY WANTED SOME...........:cry:
Have resisted................:D

Oh folks, I'm struggling.

I brought my daughter clothes shopping earlier and all I could see was my fat reflection in all the mirrors in the shops. Also the clothes she was looking at wouldn't even go over my arm! Never mind body!

Sorry for the rant.....

There can be days and indeed whole weeks that are very hard. Sometimes it is the sheer boredom of the shakes, the boredom of not eating at all or the munchies sneaking up on us or the old enemy of emotional eating. The important thing to do is when you want food just take time out to ask yourself why you want it and do you really, really want it. Then have a glass of water and see how you feel. Most times when we have hunger pangs it is actually our bodies looking for water.
Well done all on resisting the temptation to crack. Keep up the good fight!!!!

Back