Antibiotics on SS

Sarah M

Getting the hang of this
Hiya All,

Im on day 8 today and have been feeling really poorly over the weekend, i think i may have a ear and throat infection, i have a doctors appointment later today and i think i may get a course of antibiotics, so my question is, on most antibiotics they say to take with or after food, so can these then be taken with shakes or do i need to eat something?

xx

You need to check with your GP but usually I put people on 1200 while on antibiotics but up to your GP so make sure you check.

Mike

Fingers crossed the doctor lets me continue (if he does give me the antibiotics) i would be gutted to have to move that far up after 8 days SS :(

Sarah,

I am on antibiotics at the moment - Flucloxacillin - and am still SS. Flucloxacillin is for treating various types of infection and are to be taken at least an hour before food or on an empty stomach. I verified with the doctor and pharmacist that they would be okay for me on SS and they said yes as long as they were taken at least 1 hour before a shake/bar and at least 2 hours after a shake/bar. Has taken some organising, but it is working out. It is also okay to drink water with them.

I have an upset stomach, but that is a listed side effect, so it is not caused by me SSing or anything. I am still in ketosis too.

Steve

Thanks Steve, thats reassured me, the last thing i wanted to do was to have to start SS all over again, I'll wait and see what the doctor says, i have my fingers crossed already!

Well the Doctor has said its fine, as long as i either have 4 shakes or split my packs into 4 (as i have to take 4 tablets a day) yippie, im so happy i dont have to stop SS, I think it would have been so hard to restart if i had introduced food. xx

Back