ANTIBIOTICS

nimi

Hi i have been on antibotics due to abbses in tooth and now after 2 weeks been told by dentist i have to take another weeks couse of tablets
is it ok me start the cd diet again as im getting really drespped eating carbs or am i ok to do the diet while on the antibiotics
sorry for spelling my keys are sticking

Hi Nimi

I was exactly the same a couple of weeks ago and my cdc suggested ss+ just so you have something in your tummy, due to the antibiotics needing something in there.

I would suggest you explain it all to your cdc and let them explain things in more detail for you, they will be able to let ypu know the foods you can have and things to avoid during your course of tablets.

Good luck and take care of yourself, the diet will still be here in a couple of weeks when your back in tip top condition. I do
hope the tooth pain resolves soon I soooooo know how that is, ouch.

Lisa xx

Awww hun, i hope you get better soon. I've just finished a short course of anti-biotics for my gums and i decided to do the 1000cals/1200cals step because the meds were very strong and you do need something in your stomach.

Having done all the steps from SS - 1200cals (i SS usually but do a higher plan if i am unwell and have to take anti-biotics), the 1000cals is not alot of food and it might be good to try. It'll also be a good way to work back down to SS and you can feel good that your not eating too many carbs. You could always choose the less carby food from the 1000cals meal plan.

But as Lisa mentioned, talk it all through with your CDC and maybe you can come to some conclusion.

Good Luck with it all and i hope you feel better soon huni xx

thanks for the replys so its ok the carry on with cd ie 3 shakes and a low carb meal when taking antibotics

thanks for the replys so its ok the carry on with cd ie 3 shakes and a low carb meal when taking antibotics

Yes, it should be, but you will need to ask your CDC (if you haven't already) to check to see whether the antibiotics you are on need taking with the shakes, or an hour before the shakes. Some antibiotics can't be taken with milk for some reason so have to be taken before hand.

Back