Anton Edelmann Christmas Pudding Recipe

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by ducatidiva, 31 October 2007 Social URL.

1. ducatidiva

ducatidiva Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Mrs Wood’s Christmas Pudding

115g (4oz) shredded suet
    50g (2oz) self raising flour
    115g (4oz) white breadcrumbs
    1 level teaspoon mixed spice
    ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
    Good pinch of ground cinnamon
    250g (9oz) soft dark brown sugar
    550g (1 ¼lb) mixed dried fruit
    25g (1oz) mixed candied peel
    25g (1oz) chopped almonds
    1 small cooking apple peeled, cored and finely chopped
    grated zest of ½ large orange
    grated zest of ½ large lemon
    150ml ( ¼ pint) stout
    75ml (3 floz) rum or brandy
    2 large eggs

• Put the suet, flour, spices, breadcrumbs and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Gradually stir in the mixed fruit, peel, nuts, apple and zest.

• Measure the stout into another bowl. Add the rum or brandy and beat in the eggs. Pour this mixture into the large bowl and mix thoroughly until the pudding mixture is fairly sloppy. Cover the bowl and leave it to stand overnight.

• The following day, fill a lightly greased 1.1 litre (2 pint) pudding basin with the mixture. Cover with a double thickness of greaseproof paper and some foil, and tie securely with string.

• Place the pudding basic on an upturned saucer in a large pan of simmering water which comes halfway up the sides. Cook for 7-8 hours, topping up the water occasionally to the right level and taking care that it does not boil dry. Alternatively cook in the top of a steamer.

• Leave the pudding to go cold and then remove the covers and replace with fresh ones. Store in a cool dry place until Christmas Day. To reheat steam the pudding for 2 hours. Serve with brandy and cream.
    When I can get round to it, I will work out the calorie content and post that too :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ravenbeauty5

ravenbeauty5 Keep smiling

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Yeughity yeugh yeugh !! LOL (Im only joking) x

4. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Sounds lovely, trouble is, no one else in the house likes Christmas pudding so not worth making one even if we weren't dieting. Btw I've got my dad on a regular diet and he's lost 30 pounds so far! As I said before we are going to have a steamed vegetable and grilled turkey dinner this year so no one's diet is ruined.

5. ravenbeauty5

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Oh well done Charlotte!! That will make him feel alot better you know. What diet is he on?

6. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I call it a mixed 5 a day diet lol. He has a large salad at night with steamed vegetables and 4 or 5 apples throughout the day.

7. ravenbeauty5

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    It must be working if he has lost 30lbs. Has he noticed the difference?

8. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    sounds pretty low calorie....does he find it hard to stick to!

9. Sedalia

Sedalia Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    No he finds it ok because he knows he has to. He suffers from copd because of his smoking in the past and when he was at his bigger weight it effected his breathing. Now, because of his weight loss so far, he doesn't even have to use one of his inhalers and his breathing is much better.

10. ravenbeauty5

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    That is really good news!

11. Bea

Bea Back on the wagon!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge +
    have a bit of a craving for apples that last few days....which I am trilled about....least its not crisps!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.